Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank util.php page  (Read 8230 times)

Anaconda

• Coppermine newbie
Blank util.php page
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:30:21 pm »

I recently decided to disable watermarking on my gallery and in the admin tools chose to restore the full sized images (had orig available).
This worked fine and the watermarks are gone, i noticed however that the thumbs still have it so wanted to rebuild the thumbs, but whatever i select it to process, it always comes up with an empty util.php page. Yet the restoring of the full sized images not even 5 minutes earlier had worked fine  ???

I am using version 1.4.9
Any help would be appreciated...

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Blank util.php page
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:08:04 pm »

The modpack doesn't watermark thumbs? So I do not fully understand why you want to recreate thumbs. That's only necessary if you change aspect or size.

However, if it times out you should reduce the number of images to process per batch (that's not necessarily modpack related).

And please update to the most recent version 1.4.10 (CPG+modpack)

Anaconda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

i ll see if updating fixes it... it s no timeout though. after clicking submit it just loads an empty page immediately.

and i was wrong on the first post.. it are the reduced size images i am trying to rebuild, the ones shown when displaying an image.

Anaconda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »

i updated to 1.4.10, however the problem still eixsts... now, in addition the file version check script in the admin part also returns an error  :(

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:30:10 pm »

'returns an error' isn't very helpful. Please be more specific. Also the modpack didn't modify the versioncheck. So better ask that on the general board. Your other problem seems to be a 'genaral', non modpack related problem as well. But it's hard to say with just that little bit of info.

When you recreate intermediate images then this is an orig coppermine function. That orig function makes use of the modified picmgmnt.inc.php (image functions). But these seem to work pretty fine as you say.

And have you tried now to reduce the number of files to process?? Maybe even to 2-3

Anaconda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:15 pm »

the version check script returns "The script made a boo, it was not able to retrieve any information. Sorry for the inconvenience."
It also says "Unable to connect to online repository" but  allow_url_fopen is turned on according to phpinfo...

and as to the blank util.php i was thinking maybe it did something wrong to the database when restoring the original files causing it to go blank now... just guessing  :-\  it doesn't work, not even with it set to 1. All the options under "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" fail now.

If you want to i can give you login info then you can check it yourself and get the info you need...

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:31:44 am »

I suggest replacing the modpack util.php with the orig one. Then try agaon to recreate intermediate images. If it doesn't work, it's a general (server setup - memory limit etc.) problem. If it works ... then I'll have to do some tests

Anaconda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 06:28:16 pm »

same thing... blank page. I thought about what you said and tried creating an album with just a small image in it and recreating worked fine so i guess my host must have changed something to the server. Could you tell me what exactly could be causing this problem so i can ask him to increase it again. This made me look a bit further into is as well, and i can't even upload large pictures anymore so..  >:(
And as a request.. couldn't it be possible to add an error message or so saying there s  not enough memory.. same  with the upload it simply shows an ugly fatal error.  ::)

Any idea as to my other problem that arose after the upgrade, the version check tool returning "The script made a boo, it was not able to retrieve any information. Sorry for the inconvenience."  Worked fine until just before the update, after it, just that..

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 07:51:12 pm »

there's an excellent sticky thread that contains most info on server sided restrictions. The most common problem is the php memory limit.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0

Your other problem... better ask that on the general support board. It hasn't to do with the modpack and I do not know much about the version check tool (except that it doesn't work on all server setups 100%)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.