Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error: Allowed Memory size??? What does this mean?  (Read 3208 times)

cee

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error: Allowed Memory size??? What does this mean?
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:01:34 pm »

I installed Coppermine two days ago and attempted to upload my pic for my site.  Unfortunately, I have two problems:
1)  In batch upload, I am not able to browse and select multiple folders.  I selected the browser option and created sub directories in my Album folder. 

2)  When I select the upload file and browse to each individual pics, which will take me several hours by selecting each picture and loading only five at a time, I get the following error when trying to place it in my Office gallery and selecting the "Continue" button:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /hermes/web03/b322/pow.vtoliv94/htdocs/album/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

Thank you.

Cee

PCDConny

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal Error: Allowed Memory size??? What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:24:21 pm »

Mmmmmh sorry,

i defined 40 MB memory_limit in php.ini, the result is the same  :'(

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of .......in ..... include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

Example Picture: http://pcdconny.wintotal-forum.de/images/AAC_030705_004.jpg (637 kB , 1600*1200)
In CPG-Config i defined: 1024 kB max. Size, 2048 px max. width

And now ??

Regards from Stuttgart/Germany

Conny

PCDConny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 03:34:26 pm »

PS:

I made this
When troubleshooting uploads in CPG 1.4, you are advised to change the upload settings in the Groups console to 'Single uploads only' and to activate 'Debug mode' in the Config console.  Changing this setting negates some of the error masking done in the multiple upload setting.  This will allow you to access more detailed error messages. This is being explained in the docs that come with cpg1.4.x: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble
Make sure that you have read the documentation before asking any support requests.

From this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0

Problem, when i become an Fatal-Error, i cant see the Debug-Output, i have an empty white Page with the error-message ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 05:12:19 pm »

Do exactly as suggested! From the upload troubleshooting section that I refered to before:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
If you have issues doing as suggested, you should at least do what you could anyway - posting a link to your site can't be that hard... ::)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:36:48 am »

I haven't asked to be PMed. I haven't asked for an admin account. Do exactly as suggested. If you don't, you're on your own!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.