Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Special upload - keeping exif info  (Read 2917 times)

kiwibloke

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Special upload - keeping exif info
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:50:52 am »

Hi,
This is my first ever post so please be nice  ;)

I think Coopermine is excellent and am enjoying getting to know it.

My problem... I need to be able to show off photographic shots that are high resolution.

Due to all sorts of problems... I have decided NOT to load the high resolution originals but to resize on my PC and load these to Coppermine.

I found a great free program (PowerBatch) that will do the resize and keep the exif info from the original in the new resized file.

(still with me?)

When I load the new resize image into coppermine I would like to show the size and exif info of the original (not the new resized file). This is especially important as I do not want people to think the originals are the small size.

Is there any way I can do this?????

Cheers

KB
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:31:54 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Special upload - keeping exif info
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:35:19 am »

Tell Coppermine to re-read the file information using admin tools and you can empty the exif table using phpmyadmin to force the EXIF data to be re-read.

Joe Belmaati

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.belmaati.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:34:37 pm »

Tell Coppermine to re-read the file information using admin tools and you can empty the exif table using phpmyadmin to force the EXIF data to be re-read.

Sorry about bringing back an old post. Nibbler, are you referring to the "Reload file dimensions and size information" admin tool?

I am writing a script that retrieves images (thousands of them) from a remote server, crops them using GD, then adds them to Coppermine at another remote server with an open DB handle. I think I've got a pretty good handle on what goes where as far as directories, thumbs that need to be created, and tables that have to be filled. However, I had been wondering what I needed to do to get the exif data into Coppermine readable format, as serialize(exif_read_data($file)) does not seem to be what's needed.

If the above mentioned procedure would work for this, then I could skip this step altogether. Please advice.

Sincerely,
Joe Belmaati

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »

You can skip it anyway. EXIF data is simply read when the file is viewed and then cached in the database.

Joe Belmaati

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.belmaati.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:42:20 pm »

Superb! Thanks for the fast reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.