Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Special upload - keeping exif info  (Read 2900 times)

kiwibloke

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Special upload - keeping exif info
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:50:52 am »

Hi,
This is my first ever post so please be nice  ;)

I think Coopermine is excellent and am enjoying getting to know it.

My problem... I need to be able to show off photographic shots that are high resolution.

Due to all sorts of problems... I have decided NOT to load the high resolution originals but to resize on my PC and load these to Coppermine.

I found a great free program (PowerBatch) that will do the resize and keep the exif info from the original in the new resized file.

(still with me?)

When I load the new resize image into coppermine I would like to show the size and exif info of the original (not the new resized file). This is especially important as I do not want people to think the originals are the small size.

Is there any way I can do this?????

Cheers

KB
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:31:54 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Special upload - keeping exif info
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:35:19 am »

Tell Coppermine to re-read the file information using admin tools and you can empty the exif table using phpmyadmin to force the EXIF data to be re-read.

Joe Belmaati

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.belmaati.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:34:37 pm »

Tell Coppermine to re-read the file information using admin tools and you can empty the exif table using phpmyadmin to force the EXIF data to be re-read.

Sorry about bringing back an old post. Nibbler, are you referring to the "Reload file dimensions and size information" admin tool?

I am writing a script that retrieves images (thousands of them) from a remote server, crops them using GD, then adds them to Coppermine at another remote server with an open DB handle. I think I've got a pretty good handle on what goes where as far as directories, thumbs that need to be created, and tables that have to be filled. However, I had been wondering what I needed to do to get the exif data into Coppermine readable format, as serialize(exif_read_data($file)) does not seem to be what's needed.

If the above mentioned procedure would work for this, then I could skip this step altogether. Please advice.

Sincerely,
Joe Belmaati

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »

You can skip it anyway. EXIF data is simply read when the file is viewed and then cached in the database.

Joe Belmaati

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.belmaati.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:42:20 pm »

Superb! Thanks for the fast reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.