Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating Albums : Doesn't show them when trying to Upload!  (Read 2162 times)

Fallon

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://nevay.net
Creating Albums : Doesn't show them when trying to Upload!
« on: February 29, 2004, 08:17:21 am »

Searched for hours trying to find a thread on this that can help - but to no avail.

I click on 'Albums' and create one in a certain Category, I then click on 'Upload Picture' and in the drop down menu it doesnt give me the option to upload it to that album.

However, if I use the XP Web Publisher, it creates the album fine, but doesn't upload the images and I get an error.

So in the meantime, I'm making albums within categories through the XP Publisher and then uploading my images through my admin panel. I get the feeling though that I'm not being "treated" as an admin when uploading.

Are I doing something wrong or is this a bug? If so is there any way around it or can soemone point me to the appropriate thread as I have been unsuccessful in finding it! :)

Thanks in advance.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 02:41:08 pm »

First, as admin, you are better off uploading by ftp, to folders you create in cpg/albums/, but not in the userpics album, then batch adding.

When you try to upload, are you still in admin mode, or are you doing it in user mode.  Unless you have changed the default album properties, if you try in user mode, you will not see the album when uploading in user mode.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Fallon

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://nevay.net
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 06:20:32 pm »

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could do it directly through FTP (but I'm sure it doesn't even state that clearly in the docs?)

I'm going to give that a try.

It shows that I am in Admin mode the entire time, and when I click on User mode and go to upload images, it says I have no albums that I am allowed to upload to. :/

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 08:37:44 pm »

Quote from: "Fallon"
Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could do it directly through FTP (but I'm sure it doesn't even state that clearly in the docs?)

Yes, the docs are due an overhaul, which will be with the next release.

Quote from: "Fallon"

It shows that I am in Admin mode the entire time, and when I click on User mode and go to upload images, it says I have no albums that I am allowed to upload to. :/

This is expected, if the albums have not been changed from their default setting, which makes these albums for admin only to upload.  If you want users, and that includes you in user mode, to be able to upload to these albums, change their properties, so that 'visitors can upload' is at yes.  This only allows members of groups who have upload permission to do it, not anyone.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.