Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question to the dev team  (Read 8833 times)

cyberspeed

• Coppermine newbie
Question to the dev team
« on: February 11, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »

My question is this one, it is legal to remove the credits on the footer? i mean, the legend "Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery".
My question came because i found a site, very popular in my zone and them removes every credit in their web, for example, in the section photos, they use coppermine, in the portal they use joomla, in the gustbook they use EasyBook and so on.
The matter is that none of those solutions are receiving any credit for their hard work, like you, if you tell me that its illegal, i would happily tell you the address of the website and help you a bit because its in spanish.
Thanks in advice for your answer.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:52:18 am by GauGau »

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Question to the dev team
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:24:40 pm »

My question is this one, it is legal to remove the credits on the footer? i mean, the legend "Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery".
My question came because i found a site, very popular in my zone and them removes every credit in their web, for example, in the section photos, they use coppermine, in the portal they use joomla, in the gustbook they use EasyBook and so on.
The matter is that none of those solutions are receiving any credit for their hard work, like you, if you tell me that its illegal, i would happily tell you the address of the website and help you a bit because its in spanish.
Thanks in advice for your answer.

It's not allowed.  You agree to keep the link when you use the software.  It's part of the deal.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#editCopyrights

cyberspeed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:43:50 pm »

Ok, i just wanted to make sure of it, can i give you the adress of the site so you can take your descitions? PM or what?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »

There is nothing we can do about sites that remove the footer. We just don't provide support unless they do.

cyberspeed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:21:56 pm »

Ok, i understand you, but i hate when people make such things, yo work hard for mothes or even years and someone comes and get the credits from your effort, anyway, ive already flamed the admin of this site with no response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.