Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpbb bridge group problem  (Read 2811 times)

giorgio79

• Coppermine frequent poster
phpbb bridge group problem
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:10:29 pm »

Hello,

I think there is an issue with phpbb integration when it comes to groups.

In default:
phpbb defines the following 2 basic groups, anonymous and admin,  with group_id 1 -2 respectively. For registering users a new group id is added...

# -- Groups
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_name, group_description, group_single_user) VALUES (1, 'Anonymous', 'Personal User', 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_name, group_description, group_single_user) VALUES (2, 'Admin', 'Personal User', 1);

# -- User -> Group
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES (1, -1, 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES (2, 2, 0);

Coppermine on the other hand defines the following groups

INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (1, 'Administrators', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (2, 'Registered', 1024, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (3, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (4, 'Banned', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3);

I faced the problem that new registers could not upload photos as their group_id was not 2. But, group_id 2 in phpbb is for admins...So I am working on some kind of work around at the moment. Has anyone encountered this?

Cheers,
Gyuri
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:50:15 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: phpbb bridge group problem
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »

Any phpbb user that is not an admin gets assigned to group 2. If you think this is a bug post more details so that I can replicate it.

micster

• Coppermine newbie
    • Cyber Coalition
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:47:29 am »

I swear I had bridging working a few months ago, but now it's broke. I did a new install of Coppermine 1.4.10 and imported an old database with all of my users. Coppermine works like normal. I also had phpBB 2.018 working fine by itself with all of it's own users. Then I turned on bridging and both coppermine and phpBB continue to work. However, after logging in as a normal user and going to my Coppermine Gallery this user had no permissions to do anything except view the galleries.

Now I might have screwed up because I started mannually editing my database for both Coppermine and phpBB to try and resolve the conflict of the Coppermine Admin being user #1 and phpBB's Admin is #2. I also noticed the discrepencies between the way the two scripts handle groups. I tried to make them the same for both scripts... now every user has admin privleges in Coppermine!

I guess my question is, What controls the groups for the Coppermine Gallery after bridging? The database for Coppermine is no longer used right? When I add users they only get added to the phpBB database, so what tells them which group they should belong to?

micster

• Coppermine newbie
    • Cyber Coalition
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:01:52 am »

Okay well I read in another thread to try changing the "Use post based groups." I turned that to "on" and now everybody has the right permissions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.