Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpbb bridge group problem  (Read 2812 times)

giorgio79

• Coppermine frequent poster
phpbb bridge group problem
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:10:29 pm »

Hello,

I think there is an issue with phpbb integration when it comes to groups.

In default:
phpbb defines the following 2 basic groups, anonymous and admin,  with group_id 1 -2 respectively. For registering users a new group id is added...

# -- Groups
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_name, group_description, group_single_user) VALUES (1, 'Anonymous', 'Personal User', 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_name, group_description, group_single_user) VALUES (2, 'Admin', 'Personal User', 1);

# -- User -> Group
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES (1, -1, 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES (2, 2, 0);

Coppermine on the other hand defines the following groups

INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (1, 'Administrators', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (2, 'Registered', 1024, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (3, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3);
INSERT INTO CPG_usergroups VALUES (4, 'Banned', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3);

I faced the problem that new registers could not upload photos as their group_id was not 2. But, group_id 2 in phpbb is for admins...So I am working on some kind of work around at the moment. Has anyone encountered this?

Cheers,
Gyuri
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:50:15 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: phpbb bridge group problem
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »

Any phpbb user that is not an admin gets assigned to group 2. If you think this is a bug post more details so that I can replicate it.

micster

• Coppermine newbie
    • Cyber Coalition
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:47:29 am »

I swear I had bridging working a few months ago, but now it's broke. I did a new install of Coppermine 1.4.10 and imported an old database with all of my users. Coppermine works like normal. I also had phpBB 2.018 working fine by itself with all of it's own users. Then I turned on bridging and both coppermine and phpBB continue to work. However, after logging in as a normal user and going to my Coppermine Gallery this user had no permissions to do anything except view the galleries.

Now I might have screwed up because I started mannually editing my database for both Coppermine and phpBB to try and resolve the conflict of the Coppermine Admin being user #1 and phpBB's Admin is #2. I also noticed the discrepencies between the way the two scripts handle groups. I tried to make them the same for both scripts... now every user has admin privleges in Coppermine!

I guess my question is, What controls the groups for the Coppermine Gallery after bridging? The database for Coppermine is no longer used right? When I add users they only get added to the phpBB database, so what tells them which group they should belong to?

micster

• Coppermine newbie
    • Cyber Coalition
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:01:52 am »

Okay well I read in another thread to try changing the "Use post based groups." I turned that to "on" and now everybody has the right permissions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.