Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version Check not working!  (Read 7839 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Version Check not working!
« on: February 09, 2007, 09:32:07 am »

Hello,

I never had this issue before v1410.  I use the CPG v1410 plus the Schramm module.

The installation went well.  The initial update run went well, appropriate OKs were as expected.  However, once the version step is access, the messages*** below were printed. 

Why did the last step, the version check, for the update not working?

Note that this was never encountered before up to the v149.  All other system requirements  were met before and the update step worked before.

I would appreciate any check.  Thanks.

CGC

Versioncheck
This page is meant for users who have updated their coppermine install. This script goes through the files on your webserver and tries to determine if your local file versions on the webserver are the same as the ones from the repository at http://coppermine.sourceforge.net, this way displaying the files you were meant to update as well.
It will show everything in red that needs to be fixed. Entries in yellow need looking into. Entries in green (or your default font color) are OK.
Click on the help icons to find out more.
Options
show optional folders/files   show folders/files with errors only   don't display web cvs link
show mandatory files   coppermine is installed in the webroot   display web cvs link to stable branch
show additional information   try connecting to the online repository   display web cvs link to devel branch
show file versions   show folder permissions   show condensed ouput (for easier screenshots)

Unable to connect to online repository
Coppermine was unable to connect to the online repository. This can have two reasons:

* the coppermine online repository is currently down - check if you can browse this page: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt - if you can't access this page, try again later.
    * PHP on your webserver is configured with allow_url_fopen turned off (by default, it's turned on). If the server is yours to administer, turn this option on in php.ini (at least allow it to be overridden with ini_set). If you're webhosted, you will probably have to live with the fact that you can't compare your files to the online repository. This page will then only display the file versions that came with your distribution - updates will not be displayed.

The script is defaulting to the local copy of the version-files now. The data may be inacurate if you have upgraded Coppermine and you haven't uploaded all files. Changes to the files after the release won't be taken into account as well.
Installed Coppermine version
You have currently installed: 1.4.10 modpack v1
If you think this is entirely wrong and you're supposed to be running a higher version of Coppermine, you probably haven't uploaded the most recent version of the file include/init.inc.php
Version comparison
folder/file    cpg version    file version
The script made a boo, it was not able to retrieve any information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Summary
Total files/folders checked:    0
Mandatory files missing:    0
Optional files missing:    0
Files left over from outdated Coppermine version:    0
Outdated file versions:    0

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:03:21 am by Hein »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Version Check not working!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 11:30:16 am »

Hi cgc

did you check if you could connect to http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt ?

Hein

cgc0202

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 01:03:20 pm »

Thanks Hein,

From my computer, when I click:

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt

I got  the stuff below to display:

1.2.1|addfav.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|addpic.php|1.2.1||optional|r@
1.2.1|admin.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|albmgr.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|anycontent.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|banning.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|catmgr.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|config.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
1.2.1|db_input.php|1.2.1||mandatory|r@
etc.
etc.

1.4.10|themes/water_drop/style.css|1.4.10|3275|optional|r@
1.4.10|themes/water_drop/template.html||3275|optional|r@
1.4.10|themes/water_drop/theme.php|1.4.10|3275|optional|r@
1.4.10|themes/water_drop/images|||optional|r@

So, I assume I can connect?

CGC

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 01:21:20 pm »

If that works then the repository is not down and it is down to the second part
* PHP on your webserver is configured with allow_url_fopen turned off (by default, it's turned on). If the server is yours to administer, turn this option on in php.ini (at least allow it to be overridden with ini_set). If you're webhosted, you will probably have to live with the fact that you can't compare your files to the online repository. This page will then only display the file versions that came with your distribution - updates will not be displayed.

Are you the administrator of your own server, then adjust the allow_url_fopen in php.ini ? If you are not, then you might want to check with the administrator of the server if they have disabled allow_url_fopen in php.ini

Hein

cgc0202

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:08 pm »

If that works then the repository is not down and it is down to the second partAre you the administrator of your own server, then adjust the allow_url_fopen in php.ini ? If you are not, then you might want to check with the administrator of the server if they have disabled allow_url_fopen in php.ini

Hein

Thanks Hein,

I use a shared-server webhosting service.  How come this was never an issue in earlier versions?

I have not pointed out in my previous post, that while this last step, the version check did not show,  the created CPG seems to be functional.

CGC

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

CPG is installed wheter version check is working or not iirc. Check with the company where you get your server from and have them check if php.ini has been altered or not.

Hein

cgc0202

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:17:04 pm »

CPG is installed wheter version check is working or not iirc. Check with the company where you get your server from and have them check if php.ini has been altered or not.

Hein

Hi Hein,

I sent my service provicder a note on this.  I got this response:

"Hello,

This is actually enabled by default on our servers, not disabled. Are
you using custom php.ini files? Otherwise, this should actually be
working.
"

Also, if it is not "on", how come I have no problem with earlier versions of CPG, e.g., v.1.4.9

Thanks.

CGC

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 04:57:42 pm »

Don't be concerned - it's fine to use the bundled (offline) copy of versioncheck.php, it doesn't differ from the online version.
It's a known issue - versioncheck.php doesn't work on all server setups. After all, it's just a tool to check if you have performed the upgrade properly. If you're an experienced user (and I guess you are if you have gone through the upgrading drill before as you suggested), then it's safe to skip the versioncheck step.
This is not an issue of initial installing, but a question related to upgrading, so I'm moving your thread accordingly. Please try posting your questions on the proper sub board in the first place to minimize moderation effort.

cgc0202

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »

Thanks GauGau

Yes, the new ones I have installed and upgraded seem to be working.  Sorry, I did not look thoroughly enough to notice the  separate upgrade section.  I seldom visit this part of the forum, since version 1.4.3.

Consider this closed then.  Thanks again.

CGC

Bairman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 12:14:13 am »

I'm having this same issue... although everything appears to be fine except versioncheck.

I think what is happening is that it's checking my webroot instead of the Coppermine folder, even though I have "coppermine is installed in the webroot" deselected.  Is there a path statement somewhere that I can change?

Bairman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 03:16:23 am »

Follow-up...

I still can't explain it, but it appears I'm on the right track.  When I check the box "coppermine is installed in the webroot" (even though it's NOT), Versioncheck completes 100% green.

My guess is that 1.4.10 introduced a bug somewhere.

jenepherre

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • there's beauty in the breakdown
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 07:57:17 am »

Follow-up...

I still can't explain it, but it appears I'm on the right track.  When I check the box "coppermine is installed in the webroot" (even though it's NOT), Versioncheck completes 100% green.

My guess is that 1.4.10 introduced a bug somewhere.

Thanks Bairman.  I can't explain it either, but I did as you suggested and checked the "installed in webroot" box - even though mine is installed in a subfolder - and versioncheck.php worked.  It even recognized that I didn't have all of the default themes uploaded, so it really was able to check and not just give me 100% green, which wouldn't have been accurate. 

Hope they're able to fix this in future versions, but either way, it's obvious you've hit on the problem.  Thanks for sharing the info.

Jen
=================================
Jen Robertson
=================================
I don't want to explain, I just want to dance.

Evil Prince

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 02:34:15 pm »

Just a note in re to the webroot thing:

The webroot is be defined by the doc_root directive of the php.ini file. In Apache, the doc_root gets set to a specific folder while in IIS the only way to get any php/mySQL app to run (especially if the server's folder structure is not straightforward) is to leave the doc_root directive blank. So, in IIS, the webroot is considered to be whatever the Home Directory is set to for that particular site.

P.S. This is an awesome product and the Coppermine clan should get an award. A milion thanks!

optimalnitro

• Coppermine newbie
  • GGTechnoloG LLC
    • ggtllc.com
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 07:30:08 am »

I couldn't get the version check to work either until I checked that box.

Is every file supposed to have been updated to version 1.4.10?  Some of them are still showing up as 1.4.8 after applying the patch. 

As I'm still very new to Coppermine, I'm left wondering if this is just one of those "versioncheck.php doesn't work on all server setups" kind of things or if some files were not meant to be updated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 02:27:18 pm »

Don't try to hijack a thread that is marked as solved. Your issue differs - the original thread starter reported versioncheck not working at all. For you it appears to work: it does what it is suppossed to do and displays files from outdated versions. Start a thread of your own and post what files exactly are reported to come from outdated versions. Locking this thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.