Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQUEST] Voting modification  (Read 5556 times)

photo-world

• Coppermine newbie
[REQUEST] Voting modification
« on: February 28, 2004, 07:45:17 pm »

Hi all.

I have a photography website that took off quicker than I thought and the people using it do not like the voting (the stars). I have put together a bit of HTML that gives them a drop down box with the values 1 - 10 in to give a bit of granularity to the voting.

I want this to be displayed under every picture in the gallery (where the star rating thing is now)  and the value to be entered to the database (adding the chosen value to the value already there).

To figure out the final vote value, I would like the final vote total to be divided by the number of votes.

I am quite good at PHP / MySQL etc so if someone could point me in the right direction I would be really happy :)

Could even share the final thing on here if people want it.
The photographers drop in centre
http://www.photo-world.co.uk

jdbaranger

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Accro-Photo
[REQUEST] Voting modification
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 10:32:13 am »

Hi,

I made a MOD to have 2 criterias votes : Artistic Vote and Technical Vote. The MOD is here : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3754

It is not exactly what you request for, but it's a way to give granularity to the voting.

jean-Denis
Jean-Denis

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [REQUEST] Voting modification
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:19:50 am »

Hi all.

I have a photography website that took off quicker than I thought and the people using it do not like the voting (the stars). I have put together a bit of HTML that gives them a drop down box with the values 1 - 10 in to give a bit of granularity to the voting.

I want this to be displayed under every picture in the gallery (where the star rating thing is now)  and the value to be entered to the database (adding the chosen value to the value already there).

To figure out the final vote value, I would like the final vote total to be divided by the number of votes.

I am quite good at PHP / MySQL etc so if someone could point me in the right direction I would be really happy :)

Could even share the final thing on here if people want it.

Did you ever implement a drop down rating system? I'd be interested in it if you did.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [REQUEST] Voting modification
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:02:30 am »

drop-down rating is planned/scheduled for cpg1.5.x. I'm not sure that a mod exists that can accomplish this, but should be pretty easy to come up with such a mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.