Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archive tool  (Read 4103 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Archive tool
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:17:06 pm »

Would it be possible to add a little feature to coppermine. On my gallery I often move old pics to and archive folder just to keep the page tidy. For instance, I have a set of  open galleries covering summer, autumn, winter, spring etc for each year. After about 6 months or so, most of the pics in the older galleries never get viewed so it would be nice to run a script to automatically move these to the archive folder.

I see it working thus. You open the tool from the admin panel and select the gallery you wish to examine. This would bring up thumbs of all the pics in the gallery with all that have not been viewed within the admins set time period highlighted and all with a tick in a box. You could then untick any you wish to keep and press a button that automatically moves the rest to your selected folder.

It would probably require an extra db entry giving each a last viewed code but that shouldn'y be too hard.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:49:55 pm by phill104 »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Archive tool
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:33:41 pm »

Good idea. Maybe someone wants to write a plugin for that purpose.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:17:51 am »

Unfortunately my PHP skills aren't up to it. I've had some thoughts about how it could be done though.

Firstly, the display image code would need a line to add a last viewed date to the sql table.

You could then use a modified version of the batch add so instead of looking for new files, it would first allow you to select the source folder then in the next stage, have a drop down menu where you could select the time period you wish to archive and a destination folder. On continue it will tick all the boxes from files not viewed after your selected time period (1week, one month, 6 months etc) then you could go through them and adjust where required.

I'm trying to learn PHP but it is going to take some time. I do home someone out there will take on the challenge as it would be a very usefull feature.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

MarkP

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:38:09 am »

Personally I would not use it...but some may.

MattD

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:09:25 pm »

This is a feature I could really do with.

We use out gallery for customers to send us pictures for support services. Every three months I have to go through all the shots and archive the solve issues. A simple tool such as this would make that job so much easier. I currently spend nearly a day doing this but with this method it could be done in minutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.