Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving from a host to another  (Read 2140 times)

kati needs help :(

• Coppermine newbie
Moving from a host to another
« on: February 03, 2007, 04:28:04 pm »

hi people :/
I have a problem and I have no clue how to solve it. I'm moving my website from one host to another and I've read all the faq for it *even though I get an error when i click for more info* and also read some topics here. Fact is that my current host don't give me access to my cpanel and they are in hiatus which means i'll probably won't get answers soon. That's why I decided to move, btw... I have 2 weeks to move website to new host and I don't even know where to begin :S
Can anyone please help me?
Take care n thanks,
Kati

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Moving from a host to another
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 05:08:45 pm »

The FAQ don't say that you're suppossed to use cpanel. They say that you're suppossed to download the files using your FTP app and that you're suppossed to dump your database using your prefered db backup app. This could be phpMyAdmin or mySqlDumper - whatever you prefer. No need to use cpanel bull*. Just get mySqlDumper if you prefer easy. Both your favorite FTP app as well as your favorite database tool are not a matter of support on this board - if you need help setting up those apps or using them, read the documentations for those apps or google for answers. Nothing we could help you with or guide you through.

kati needs help :(

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Moving from a host to another
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 05:15:41 pm »

I just didn't get the manual thing at first :)
Thanks for the support and the answer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.