Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Randomly unable to access gallery for some users  (Read 2580 times)

lexon

• Coppermine newbie
Randomly unable to access gallery for some users
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:10:20 pm »

Hi,
I am managing a gallery that is bridged with phpbb 2.0.22. I started having problems with users not being able to access the gallery after they log in. They get redirected back to the forum and my guess is that cpg doesn't recognise the login status. However, this only happens with users I added after bridging. I use the following script to add users:

Code: [Select]
<?php

$link 
mysqli_connect("localhost""db""pwd");
mysqli_select_db($link"mydb");
if (!
$link) {
 echo 
"db access error";
 exit;
}

$file = @fopen('users.txt''r');
if (!
$file) {
 echo 
"Error a";
 exit;
}

$file_write = @fopen('login_info.txt''r+');
if (!
$file_write) {
 echo 
"Error b";
 exit;
}

while(!
feof($file)) {

fscanf($file"%s\t%s\t%s\n", &$lastname, &$firstname, &$email);
 echo 
$lastname."asdf".$firstname.$email.$cell."<br />";

$result mysqli_query($link"SELECT user_id FROM phpbb_users ORDER BY user_id desc LIMIT 1");
 if(!
$result) {
  echo 
"Error 1";
  exit;
 }

$row mysqli_fetch_array($result);

$row['user_id']++;

$randnum1 rand();

$userpwd $lastname.$randnum1.$firstname;

$md5pwd md5($userpwd);

$username $firstname.'.'.$lastname;

$result mysqli_query($link"INSERT INTO `phpbb_users` (`user_id`, `user_active`, `username`, `user_password`, `user_session_time`, `user_session_page`, `user_lastvisit`, `user_regdate`, `user_level`, `user_posts`, `user_timezone`, `user_style`, `user_lang`, `user_dateformat`, `user_new_privmsg`, `user_unread_privmsg`, `user_last_privmsg`, `user_login_tries`, `user_last_login_try`, `user_emailtime`, `user_viewemail`, `user_attachsig`, `user_allowhtml`, `user_allowbbcode`, `user_allowsmile`, `user_allowavatar`, `user_allow_pm`, `user_allow_viewonline`, `user_notify`, `user_notify_pm`, `user_popup_pm`, `user_rank`, `user_avatar`, `user_avatar_type`, `user_email`, `user_icq`, `user_website`, `user_from`, `user_sig`, `user_sig_bbcode_uid`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `user_occ`, `user_interests`, `user_actkey`, `user_newpasswd`) 
                                VALUES ('
{$row['user_id']}', '1', '{$username}', '{$md5pwd}', '0', '0', UNIX_TIMESTAMP('0'), UNIX_TIMESTAMP('0'), '0', '0', '0.00', '1', 'english', 'D M d, Y g:i a', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', NULL, '1', '1', '0', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '0', NULL, '0', '{$email}', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1');");

if(!
$result) {
  echo 
"Error 2 with {$row['user_id']}";
   exit;
 }

$to_store $username.",".$userpwd.",".$email."\n";

fputs($file_write$to_store);

}

?>

It is designed to read from users.txt with a list of predetermined users and generate the username and passwords accordingly. Before the problem occured I used the exact same script to generate 80+ users and they all worked fine. Is there something wrong with this script or is it something to do with cpg? O btw, the users that can't access the gallery can do everything fine in the forum.

Thanks in advance

LeX
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:12:33 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Randomly unable to access gallery for some users
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:25:04 pm »

Your script does not insert an entry into the groups table or the user_groups table for the new user. It should. Refer to phpbb's registration code to see how to do this.

lexon

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Randomly unable to access gallery for some users
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:12:05 pm »

Thanx for pointing that out. My stupidity. But it's always good to learn something....

Problem Fixed!

LeX
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.