Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF support when php does support exif?  (Read 2156 times)

dkklein

• Coppermine newbie
EXIF support when php does support exif?
« on: February 27, 2004, 08:07:28 pm »

My php installation does support EXIF data. However when I enable EXIF support in config and goto the albums I get the error message that the server does not support exif.

However this is not true because I had it working. I have just upgraded coppermine to the latest version but forgot to make a backup of the old version where I had made a few modifications to get exif to work. I originally found the fix on this board but cannot find it again.
Tommy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 08:52:33 am »

try searching the old board as well.

GauGau

dkklein

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 08:56:41 am »

Ok, through a lot of different posts I managed to piece together something that works.

However I would like to show more of the EXIF data and tried to modify following section in displayimage.php

Code: [Select]
   if (isset($exif) && is_array($exif)) {
        if (isset($exif['Camera'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Camera']] = $exif['Camera'];
        if (isset($exif['DateTaken'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Date taken']] = $exif['DateTaken'];
        if (isset($exif['Aperture'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Aperture']] = $exif['Aperture'];
        if (isset($exif['ExposureTime'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Exposure time']] = $exif['ExposureTime'];
        if (isset($exif['FocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Focal length']] = $exif['FocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['Comment'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Comment']] = $exif['Comment'];
    }

to this

Code: [Select]
   if (isset($exif) && is_array($exif)) {
        if (isset($exif['Camera'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Camera']] = $exif['Camera'];
        if (isset($exif['DateTaken'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Date taken']] = $exif['DateTaken'];
        if (isset($exif['Aperture'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Aperture']] = $exif['Aperture'];
        if (isset($exif['ExposureTime'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Exposure time']] = $exif['ExposureTime'];
        if (isset($exif['FocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Focal length']] = $exif['FocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['LongFocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['LongFocalLength']] = $exif['LongFocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['Comment'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Comment']] = $exif['Comment'];
    }

LongFocalLength is a property of canon digital cameras. But nothing is displayed from that field. I have verified with a different program that the field do contain a value. The same happens for other fields both common and canon specific fields.

ps I have added LongFocalLength to the language file.
Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.