Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum  (Read 2593 times)

Glapsides

• Coppermine newbie
Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:57:10 pm »

Hello,

I just recently purchased a domain. I would very much like to run a photo gallery, and most likely, I will integrate google adwords in it for website revenue. I have read a couple of posts regarding that, and it seems fairly easy. That said, I would also like to know how to add, or integrate, or whatever the technical term is, a forum to my coppermine gallery. Just so you know, I am a rookie when it comes to coding, so I probably won't understand anything fancy, but just layman terms. I can always learn of course. My main question then is, how to add a forum to copperming if possible at all? If not, how do I go on about making a gallery and a forum, that somehow work together, and it's not where I have to have two entirely different url's in the form of subdomains. For instance, it seems I can integrate something like the following together: "forum.mydomain.com with gallery.mydomain.com", I read one of the posts that details this, but ...

What I want is to have a mydomain.com only with coppermine installed on it, and a link in there, probably on my coppermine menu somewhere, to a forum that is one with coppermine. Is that possible at all? Or what other options do I have?

I thanks all those in advance who come with answers.

Regards,

Glapsides
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:57:30 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:37:13 pm »

You can't really have them in the same place as they will conflict. You could have the gallery at mydomain.com and the forum at mydomain.com/forum though. Bridging only shares login info, it is up to you to make them match up in terms of design.

Glapsides

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:22 pm »

That was great help and cleared a lot of things to me, thanks. So, intergrating is also just like bridging, simply sharing login info? As for having a gallery and forum, it seems I will just have to have them seperately, and put a link in my coppermine gallery pointing to the forum. This means, I will just have to learn how to add an extra link to my coppermine gallery menu, which shouldn't be too hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.