Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know how to add site name or logo on video when its played?  (Read 8267 times)

pdiddy8117

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • luxuriousmodels.com
    • luxuriousmodels

I am trying to do something like youtube. they have their logo on the right corner of the video when its played. if anyone knows how to do this or knows where i can get this script or mod i would appreciate it. thanks

Tai

• Coppermine novice
Re: anyone know how to add site name or logo on video when its played?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 03:27:13 am »

The only times I've tried and accomplished it successfully was using VirtualDub by using Video/Filters/Add/Logo, and by using Vegas 7.0. In the end it was way too much effort, and I gave up.

Now I just use a jpeg screen with url and logo which fades into the video, and fades back in at the video end, again using Vegas 7.0. You can get a trial copy off the Sony site for free.

With regards to YouTube I dont think the watermark is hardcopied onto the video, it's just a part of the player like a transparent overlay. I'd like to know how to do that also if anyone knows, it would save loads of effort.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 05:53:57 am »

I am trying to do something like youtube. they have their logo on the right corner of the video when its played. if anyone knows how to do this or knows where i can get this script or mod i would appreciate it. thanks

I don't think there is an existing mod.  One approach would be to overlay an image using a transparent layer.  But, if someone downloaded your video, then they don't download the watermark.

If you are looking for something permanent, you will probably need to add the watermark before you upload the video.  I think adding a video watermark during or after upload would be a lot of server overhead while an entire video was edited to add it.

Here are a couple of resources that might help you.  Searching the web for video watermark will yield even more information.

http://www.streamingmedia.com/article.asp?id=8526&c=8
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=248307

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:10:48 am »

As eruss pointed out, there is no mod for coppermine that can watermark videos. The reason is that the image libraries Coppermine can use don't touch videos. Adding watermarks to videos would consume ridiculous amounts of CPU cycles on the server. There are however mods that can watermark images.
Youtube does this using a slightly different method: they embedd the videos into a flash player and subsequently add the watermark to the flash code instead of recoding the video. There is a thread about "videos like youtube for coppermine" that you might want to look into.

brida

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:06:29 pm »

You have to put your watermark before you upload the video. I use a program called AVI ReComp. All the videos I send to our channel on Youtube (zacharylevicom) are watermarked.
And about the Youtube mark, when you download the video it doesn' come with that mark, don't worry about that.
I'm here learning about Coppermine cause we intend to put videos in our gallery besides the images in our site.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.