Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites?  (Read 3225 times)

madwhitehat

• Coppermine newbie
How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites?
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:33:22 am »

Thank you in advance for your help. The other question that I asked was answered within 10 or so minutes and my ignorance was dealt with in a patient and understanding manner.  ;)

I own several sites containing pics that I would like to add to albums in Coppermine. It appears that Coppermine only allows pics to be uploaded from a hard drive or another website. Of course, doing this would force me to have two copies of each of these pics on my sever. I would like to avoid this if possible. Is there any way around this? Thanks again for your help.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:57:24 am »

Thank you in advance for your help. The other question that I asked was answered within 10 or so minutes and my ignorance was dealt with in a patient and understanding manner.  ;)

I own several sites containing pics that I would like to add to albums in Coppermine. It appears that Coppermine only allows pics to be uploaded from a hard drive or another website. Of course, doing this would force me to have two copies of each of these pics on my sever. I would like to avoid this if possible. Is there any way around this? Thanks again for your help.

Coppermine doesn't allow remote storage.  You can't link to an image elsewhere, you have to "upload" it into Coppemine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.