Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: troubleshooting email problem?  (Read 4467 times)

samw5

• Coppermine newbie
troubleshooting email problem?
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:01:44 pm »

is there a way to display a log of what coppermine is trying to do when sending mail items? I've been playing around with the setting for a while but nothing seems to be happening. I have an SMTP server (Windows) enabled and configured with mail relay enabled on localhost but nothing seems to be coming out... not even bad messages.
Same thing when I try to configure coppermine to send via my outsourced SMTP (my domain SMTP server).

The logs show the new users added but nothing about mail. Any ideas?

samw5

• Coppermine newbie
Re: troubleshooting email problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:47:42 pm »

ok after much troubleshooting, trying to get a sendmail wrapper to work on a windows machine, properly configuring my local smtp server (it is sending mail using the php mail() function, I've tested it) i  noticed that messages were still not coming out.

I changed my Coppermine config once more using the smtp setting. This time I sent myself an ecard and it went thru (the local SMTP server wasn't used).

So I'm reduced the issue to the registration process. The admin is supposed to get an email message to approve new users but nothing is being sent out, regardless of what method, or server I am using. Upon new user registration my local SMTP log shows no activity whatsoever so I don't believe it's a server config problem like it was suggested in a previous post.

I'm gonna keep on investigating but I believe that there may be something wrong with the registration script.

If you guys have any idea what may be causing the problem please feel free to let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.