Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gallery/albums/userpics/10001  (Read 5560 times)

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
gallery/albums/userpics/10001
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:27:55 pm »

Hi,

Just a quick question? Where are the images and thumbnails supposed to be? I know this is probably a stupid question, but I am new to this. All of the images and thumbnails I currently have uploaded (http) are in the userpics folder? Is this right?

Thanks, John

Nibbler

Re: gallery/albums/userpics/10001
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29:22 pm »

Yes, that is where user uploads go. If you want them organized better then use FTP + batch add.

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 02:52:54 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the response. So nothing is supposed to be in the numbered folders?

Thanks, John

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:47:29 am »

Depends on your server setup and wether you have enabled silly_safe_mode. Details!

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:02:52 pm »

Yes I did enable Silly Safe Mode? See my previous post...topic=40623.0

Oh my what did I do?

John

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:30:18 pm »

Silly safe mode puts all pictures uploaded by users directly into userpics instead of using the numbered subfolders.

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:56:53 pm »

Hi,

A bit puzzled and I think I would like to be sedated too!  :D
I guess I go back to my original post, and my original problem? How do I fix this? Obviously the Silly Safe Mode is not a fix for my issue?

Thanks John

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:20 pm »

Hi,

Coppermine is a great package but unless I can get it working properly, what is the point! I don't mind being ignored, I'm use to that, but the other day I did everything that was asked of me in troubleshooting, including setting up a temp account & password, and I was ignored. So I decided to search through the messages again and I found that silly safe mode. Whys is that even offered as solution if it doesn't fix the issue? I don't get it... ???

What do I need to do to get this working properly? I really would like to use Coppermine!

Thank you, John

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 06:33:18 pm »

OK,

Set up a test account again, turned debug on, etc, etc...Removed the Silly Safe Mode line....

http://our-family-history.org/gallery/
puzzled
31jan

Tried an upload from test account .... still same error message...

Impossible to move Sword-double-size4.jpg to albums/userpics/10005/ !
File:/mounted-storage/home6/sub003/sc13591-HAHZ/our-family-history.org/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 355

Please and thanks, John

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 06:54:03 pm »

You need to ensure that albums/userpics/10005/ is writable. If it is and it still does not work then silly_safe_mode is your only option.

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 07:39:44 pm »

Hi again,

Thank you for the response, As I mentioned before this php stuff is all new to me, but I can't help but thinking that if it won't write to the numbered folders than Coppermine is not operating as it was intended to. That's simple logic, at least to me.

All my folders on my host are set at 777, including the numbered ones, and if I go into my web server settings/advanced settings - safe mode is set to on?? I assume that is what you are asking me, or is there another to determine why it is not writing to these folders? Perhaps I should ask my hosting company? Could there be another reason why?

I really would like to get this working right...

John

hubleyns

• Coppermine newbie
Re: gallery/albums/userpics/10001 - One more piece of the puzzle?
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 03:41:24 pm »

Hi again,

I've been in contact with my host, described the issue with him again, and he basically told me it is not an issue of permissions, because they are all set properly. In my case, its ownership of the folder thats at issue. At any rate, all of the folders in the gallery are set to "you", except the  numbered folders that are generated by Coppermine. Why?

When a new user first uploads a photo, we get the error - The previous file could not be placed. For every folder I change to the "you" setting, than that user can upload to his/her folder no problem. Because for what ever reason, Coppermine, sets the ownership of those folders as "WebServer", when it first sets them up?  I obviously don't want to have to go in every time to change this setting for new users  - this is fixable, right. :)

Any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Thanks, John

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »

The folders generated by Coppermine are owned by whatever user the server is running php under. In some server setups this is your own user, in some cases 'nobody', in some cases a special user like 'apache' or in your case 'WebServer'. This is not something Coppermine has any control over - it is a matter of server setup.

If safe mode on your server is preventing Coppermine from working as normal then you need to either resolve that with your host, get it disabled, or use the silly_safe_mode workaround.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.