Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batchadd pics stay checked  (Read 3417 times)

DocZ

• Coppermine newbie
Batchadd pics stay checked
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:53:59 pm »

I uploaded a series of images over a year ago and then didn't do much until recently upgrading to the latest patch. There are several images that remain checked in the batchadd database and I have to manually uncheck them before uploading new images and it is getting to be a pain.

I found a thread  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27750.0  that recommends a fix in the batchadd.php, but I can't find that file. Has it changed names? And does the fix mentioned in the other thread still work?

I'm a bit familiar with html, but I don't want to go changing things willy-nilly.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:26:35 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batchadd pics stay checked
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 07:05:16 pm »

There is no file named batchadd.php, nor has there ever been such a file. Make sure that you're using the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.10). If you're not: upgrade! The thread you refer to is unrelated, as it deals with cpgNG.

DocZ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:18:14 pm »

OK, but what about message #6 in that thread. It appears to  address this very question, although the main bug in the thread is indeed different.

I do have the latest update.

And my question still stands, is there a way to fix this problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:51:28 am »

Do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section for a start.

DocZ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:37:20 am »

There is, of course, nothing in the troubleshooting section that addresses my question. My message referring to #6 in the noted thread as the only relevant answer was ignored.

A search through the board on other questions posted by non-geeks showed that they are either ignored or brushed off.

If the people who run this board can't come down from their ivory towers long enough to help users, it is no wonder that a program that has so much going for it, is warned off in other forums because of the lack of support. I thought that it might be just sour grapes, but I have found that instead of answering a question, arrogance is used instead.

Thanks anyway.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:43:38 am »

The upload section says that you're suppossed to post a link and non-admin test user account even if you have issues with other uploading mechanisms. What's wrong with this piece of advice? Why don't you do as suggested? Are you trying to be confrontational? You're mistaking frustration of supporters (caused by users like you who don't do as suggested and then just complain) with arrogance.
Let me quote the upload troubleshooting section of the docs, with the important parts highlighted (the bits you apparently failed to read carefully):
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

DocZ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 05:31:09 pm »

The problem is NOT an upload problem. The images are uploaded and have been in the album for months.

The problems is that they stay checked in the batchadd database. I have no problems uploading and I can uncheck them by using the check all/uncheck all button. It was a simple question wondering if there was a way to get them permanently unckecked.

I guess there isn't.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 08:25:57 am »

There may be a solution. But you don't give us a chance to try to help you, as you fail to post a link as suggested. Anyway, I'm not begging to help you. I'm out of this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.