Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .htaccess but allow partial permission? Or just pick up ecards?  (Read 3350 times)

rickdrew

• Coppermine newbie
.htaccess but allow partial permission? Or just pick up ecards?
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:56:52 am »

I have a membership program setup to permit access to the "gallery" directory  for only registered users.  Since I have three membership levels, call them "good, better and best", I allow everyone access to "good" - login in controlled by the membership program.  "better and best" reply a second log in within Coppermine.

A clunky way of doing things right now, but it works (I have to manually grant permissions to new members in the "better and best" levels.)

Since the main Coppermine directory is protected, ecards can't be picked up or viewed.  I tried protecting the directories for individual categories, but the results are sloppy - missing thumbnails and images everywhere (I understand why.) I like using the built-in controls so people don't see random images, etc. from other membership levels.

Can anyone suggest a different method for doing this?  Would a second coppermine install in an unprotected area work?  Ideas and comments appreciated!  I've looked in the forum, manual and online and can't find a solution.

Thanks

Rick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: .htaccess but allow partial permission? Or just pick up ecards?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:31:42 am »

What's wrong with just using the controls built into coppermine? Deny access to guests by enabling "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" in Coppermine's config. Then create yet another group, call them "better_best". The members of "better" and "best" are suppossed to reside within the "better_best" group as well. Then use the dropdown list "Album can be viewed by" inside the "album properties" screen and set the dropdown list to "better_best" or "best" for the special albums that contain pics only for the more privileged groups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.