Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Migrating Coppermine to a new server and new domain  (Read 12401 times)

36clicks

• Coppermine newbie
Migrating Coppermine to a new server and new domain
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:09:48 pm »

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on the following "challenge"

I've been running a coppermine gallery for a number of years on a Linux / Apache hosted server (www.wolfdesign.nl/index.php). Most of my traffic comes through specific link lists, linking to a specific album or category within my Coppermine gallery (hardly any traffic entering through the index.php)

Recently, I've sucessfully migrated the gallery to a new domain and a windows IIS server (http://www.awesome-earth.com/ae/index.php). This worked like a gem - the URL's of the separate categories and albums are still intact, and, expept for the base domain URL, still identical.

I'd like to redirect the traffic to the specific galleries and albums from wolfdesign.nl to awesome-earth.com (so - for example, I want to redirect the traffic entering my site at http://www.wolfdesign.nl/thumbnails.php?album=5 to end up at: http://www.awesome-earth.com/ae/thumbnails.php?album=5).

I'm struggling with how to get this done, notifying all webmasters who have a link to one or more specific galleries is almost impossible, and I like to control that myself, so I can remove the wolfdesign.nl gallery. Is there a way how to go about it? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

36Clicks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:10:50 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Migrating Coppermine to a new server and new domain
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:11:58 pm »

On windows, no idea. This is not a Coppermine issue so you would be better off using more appropriate forums.

36clicks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 01:57:56 am »

Hi Nibbler,

thanks for your reply. I never suggested this was a Coppermine thing, which is why I selected the miscellaneous category. Sorry if this is the wrong board for this topic - it's only a peripheral thing. I'm just curious, because I don't think I'm the only one facing this challenge.

Cheers,

Hugo

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 02:09:04 am »

Try searching the web, all you need is a redirect.

36clicks

• Coppermine newbie

A single redirect is easy, but it'll take me to a single page. I'm looking for a way to create a specific redirect for each category and album... Searching on this topic generates too many hits, and my knowledge doesn't reach far enough to narrow down my search by using different lingo.

So - to rephrase the question to the best of my abilities - how do you create a redirect which only replaces the base url from wolfdesign.nl/{anything that might follow} to awesome-earth.com/ae/{anything that might follow}.

Or - second try to rephrase the question - what would you google on to find the answer? I'm out of options here.... :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:21 pm »

I have been looking for a similar solution for IIS in the past and did a lot of googling. In the end I figured that IIS isn't nearly as powerful as Apache when it comes to redirecting stuff. I haven't found a free add-on, and only some poor commercial ones.
I suggest doing what you're up to on DNS level.

36clicks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:58:49 pm »

Hi Gau Gau,

Thanks - I will. If I find a solid solution, I'll post it here.

Cheers,

36Clicks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.