Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2124 times)

ptaylor2006

• Coppermine newbie
Questions
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:58:06 pm »

I have some questions for you

1. After I create a new album as admin I goto the album properties and change albumn can be viewd by all and give it a password.  When I do this the Albumn will not show up when you not loged in as a user.  Is there any way to have the folder displayed but the user has to type in password to see the pictures.

2. When I add a second album within a existing albumn Coppermind I set te view by allow all and set a password but when I save it the changes are not taking effect.  It goes back to the default Me Only.

You may want to reformat your online documentation so it does not exceed the 80 charectors accross the screen.  You you print it out its missing a lot of the information.

Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to. Use this option, for example, to set up an album for your family members only by specifying a password that only they can come up with answering an additional password hint (e.g. "What was the maiden name of aunt Emma?"), or you could decide to send the particular password to specific friends, family or business associates by email. The optional password hint will be displayed at the password prompt, when set.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

Thanks
Phil

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:59:21 am »

We have a "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up, see "board rules", item 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.