Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Share Albums (Creates imagevenue like BB and HTML linking code)  (Read 31470 times)

trippinsweet

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

I've been working with community image sites, and a frequent thing is to share pictures on forums. The images themselves are located on an upload site like imagevenue, or photobucket and the thumbnail visible on the forum links back to the original.

If you look at: http://www.imagevenue.com/  it allows you to upload a picture then automatically creates the BB code or HTML for you to put up elsewhere.

I created a hack to do the same thing for whole albums created in coppermine. This way, users can share their uplaoded pictures or pictures in public albums. Your gallery gets more useful and you get viral advertising.

Users can choose to either share the entire album or select which pictures they want to share.

-----
Installation:

1) Copy the attatched file into your coppermine directory
2) Edit your theme and add the following code underneath the block named:

$template_thumb_view_title_row

Code: [Select]
<br><a href="share.php?album={AID}&album_name={ALBUM_NAME}">Share this album</a>
With a little HTML knowledge you can add it wherever you like. The important thing is that it passes the AID and ALUM_NAME variables over to file I created.

--

The only avaliable example I have is at an adult site, but I'll share the link anyways.

>> Album in question: http://www.ah-hentai.com/portal/hentai-archive/place,thumbnails/album,1000463/
>> Direct Link to the new functionality: http://www.ah-hentai.com/portal/index.php?option=com_copperminevis4&Itemid=85&place=gallery&place=share&album=1000463&album_name=Christmas%20Ecchi

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:37:24 am by GauGau »

trippinsweet

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: Share Albums (Creates imagevenue like BB and HTML linking code)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:23:54 am »

Just remember folks, all of those mods except this one: "full albums pictures as bbcode thumbnails with link to normal or orginal picture", work only for individual pictures.

And even the other mod, requires you to copy and paste each pictures BB code individually. This can be pretty tedious if you want to share say...25+ images.

With my mod, it automatically creates BB code for the entire album and lumps it together. And if you want to only show part of an album, you can select those pictures only and it will automatically create the lump code for you. Result? Share more pictures, faster.

I used the wrong examples earlier. This system works something like imagecash.net or imagefap.net

DiaMirza.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 12:50:57 am »

Where are the attached files? :S

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 01:39:31 pm »

Attached to the bottom of the first post.

hinocki

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:29:51 pm »

there's not a link in the first post...
where can I find the plugin?

thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:56:13 pm »

Attached to the bottom of the first post!

williamgates

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 02:34:58 pm »

Thanks for sharing the good work, but I am sorry to say that it doesn't works for me, I don't know why.
I did everything you told, but When I click the link, It appears a blank page without any content.
My CPG is 1.4.16, I tired both FireFox and IE, both English and Chinese album names, the problem is still there.

If you can give me some advice about the problem, please tell me, thanks a lot.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 03:22:14 pm »

You need to change some paths in the file.

Rukbat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »

I have uploaded the file to my 'gallery' directory.  Am using 'classic' theme, but I can't find '$template_thumb_view_title_row' anywhere in the template.html or the classic.php files.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 09:00:55 pm »

Copy it over from the sample theme and then change your copy. See http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_sample

Rukbat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:14:40 pm »

copy *what* from the sample theme? the template.html or the theme.php?
I know how to edit both html AND php files but I cannot find a block containing '$template_thumb_view_title_row' in either one.

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:27 pm »

Copy just the $template_thumb_view_title_row definition from the theme.php. Not the entire file.

Rukbat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

Thank you!
I did, however end up getting an error regarding line 139 in share.php
so, I took a look and had to change '.../archive_gallery/...' to '../gallery/...'
seems to be working fine now.  Thanks again!

Rukbat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »

Just a couple of additional questions:

* Is there a way to keep it from choosing all the images in the album by default, and instead have none 'checked' off?
    * Is the 'Toggle' column supposed to be used for 'selecting/deselecting all' on that 'row'?  If so, mines not working.

Rukbat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 10:33:58 pm »

Just a couple of additional questions:

* Is there a way to keep it from choosing all the images in the album by default, and instead have none 'checked' off?
    * Is the 'Toggle' column supposed to be used for 'selecting/deselecting all' on that 'row'?  If so, mines not working.
*bump*
anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.