Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.4.10 with IPB 2.2.1  (Read 8165 times)

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
CPG 1.4.10 with IPB 2.2.1
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:02:47 pm »

Coppermine install: http://www.metamoramartialarts.com/photogallery
Forum install: http://www.metamoramartialarts.com/forums
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.10
Forum version: Invision Power Board 2.2.1
Test user account: tester / testerPW

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.metamoramartialarts.com/forums
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forums/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable)

What's happening (and what I'm not understanding) is if I click on the memberlist (when enabled), it takes me to the admin CP for IPB.  Is there something in there I'm not looking at?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:11:55 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: CPG 1.4.10 with IPB 2.2.1
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:53:25 pm »

It should take you to the memberlist in ipb. If it takes you to the wrong page you can correct that in the bridge file.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:18:52 pm »

Can I get the code on doing that?  I'm new to Coppermine and I don't want to mess it up.

Also, what exactly does bridging do?  I have a vague idea, but I'm looking for specifics of why it's useful and the benefits, etc.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:38:47 pm »

Also, what exactly does bridging do?
Coppermine can be integrated with other applications in terms of user management and sharing a common login on your overall website; this is what we call "bridging". It can create a more seamless end user experience, as your users will only have to register once; their login will stick both on the Coppermine pages as well as the pages you bridge with.
By default, bridging is turned off, and those who do not want to use it can safely leave it off forever. There are however issues when bridging at a later stage (after there is already content in Coppermine), so it is advisable to make up your mind about bridging in the first place.
Originally, Coppermine bridging was designed to bridge with BBS apps. Later, bridges for other apps (that don't fall into the category "BBS") have been added - mostly Content Management Systems (CMS). However, the reference to BBS apps remained in some documents and strings. No reason to get alarmed.
Bridging does not integrate your gallery and the application you bridge with in terms of visual appearance. If you want a seamless visual integration, create a custom theme for your gallery that matches the look of your BBS or your overall site and add links pointing from Coppermine's navigation to your BBS and vice versa.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:29:29 am »

Thanks.  That cleared up some questions I had.

What happens when I choose to bridge is it takes me to my forum's ACP.  As mentioned above, I don't know the code on how to fix that.  Once I log in to the ACP it takes me straight to the main page, and nothing in the member settings resembles anything related to CPG.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 07:04:34 am »

You have disabled bridging, turn it back on if you want help.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 01:58:14 am »

I apologize for not searching beforehand (I've had a very busy school/karate week), but is there a way to manually change a user's ID number?  With various people registered, it doesn't matter because they coincidentally are the same member.  But with everybody else, the IDs don't match so (for example) ID 1 points to ID 3 instead of ID 1. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 07:39:32 am »

As suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start, the correlation is lost when turning bridging on. You'll have to do this manually (directly in your database, using phpMyAdmin or similar). There's no pre-made script nor a tutorial available to do this for you.

Initial issue solved?

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 02:29:10 pm »

Yes.  I'm really surprised there isn't a tutorial on how to do that.

I have no idea how, so I think I'm going to disenable it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 11:13:03 am »

There can be no tutorial, as the method differs, depending on your setup and the app you bridged with. That's why we have the section I refered to in the docs. Coppermine users are suppossed to read the docs in the first place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.