Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DFire - Theme for CPG.1.4x and WordPress 2.x  (Read 39486 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
DFire - Theme for CPG.1.4x and WordPress 2.x
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:25:32 pm »

Hi All,

Here's a nice "grunge" theme for your Coppermine galleries. DFire was ported from a WordPress theme by Tracy Ou (aka Viitoria L.). I've added quite a few little "extras" to this theme so read on below to find all the details which are also included in the "readme" file (but who ever reads those, right?  ;)).

This is a fixed width theme of 965 pixels and will accommodate monitor sizes from 1024 on up. I've tested this on the major browsers, FF (2.0x), IE (7.0x), Opera (9.10) and Safari at various monitor resolutions. Sorry, I no longer have FF1.5x and IE6.0x on my computers so I couldn't test in these versions. I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file and added a new variable for retrieving the album description. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. If you wish to change these settings, do so here or delete them altogether and use the Configuration Manager in Coppermine. These changes are:

Code: [Select]
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 5; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 3"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".
$album_desc = get_album_desc($_GET[album]);

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. There is also a new function for truncating the album descriptions when viewing on the index or category pages. When you view a single album, the full description is printed out at the top of the album. This makes the index and category pages much cleaner looking. I've also adapted it to truncate long image captions when viewing on a thumbnail page but prints the full caption when viewing the intermediate image.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated album description, find in 2 places in the theme.php file -
'{ALB_DESC}' => myTruncate($album['album_desc'], 30, " "), and change the number (30) to any length your desire. You can also change the padding characters (...) to any other set of characters by editing function myTruncate($string, $limit, $break=".", $pad="...") in the theme.php file.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated image caption, find in 3 places in the theme.php file -
'{CAPTION}' => myTruncate($caption, 120, " "), // changing the number changes the # of characters printed for the thumbnail caption. and change the number (120) to an length you desire. This number doesn't seem to be match the string length but it is consistant so change it and view the results.

I've also adapted the compute_img_size($width, $height, $max) function to manage the size of the intermediate image. As in some cases (example would be the Coppermine demo page), some galleries have intermediate images of different sizes. This function was changed and added to the theme.php to view all intermediate images at 400px wide. This function is now compute_img_size_max($width, $height) and you can change the view size by editing $max = 400;. If you have intermediate images smaller than 400px wide then this function will increase the image size when viewing which could result in a distorted image. Since the default size in Coppermine is "400", this should not be a problem unless you've decreased it. This setting in the theme.php file does not affect the setting in your Coppermine configuration but only resizes the images in the browser. Here's a link to additional info in the manual - Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video.

I've added two other nice enhancements. One is the frame around the photo when viewing intermediate images. This was added from a post by dereksurfs - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=38873.0. The second is when hovering over thumbnails, the opacity changes to let you know that you're over a link.

Please enjoy the theme and all I ask is that you keep the credit line in the template.html to help support my efforts to develop and port themes for Coppermine. If you have any questions about this theme or find any issues, please post them here with lots of details and links.

Cheers,

Gizmo  :D

PS. Forgot to mention that I've added a simple search bar at the top since this has come up several times lately in the forum. Cool!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:51:21 am by GauGau »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: DFire - Theme for CPG.1.4x and WordPress 2.x
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:32 am »

Demo - Download Download [Edit GauGau] Edited download link to reflect Gizmo's release of a fixed version [/Edit]

Wow!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:26:38 am by Nibbler »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:46:37 pm »

Thanks! This one took a lot of time to work out. I'm glad I put the intermediate image reducer in because on the themes I didn't have that in there, it doesn't look good on the demo gallery. I'm afraid people may take that as a bad theme when in reality it's the way the images were added to the gallery at different sizes. I also see that the bbcode doesn't work on the album page so I'll look into that and add it to my list (long I might add) of things to check before submitting.  ;)  I like the opacity trick on the thumbnail images. :D
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

isajade

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:08:54 am »

Truly impressive theme. Will you consider a menu on top variant?

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:44:23 am »

Which menu? The {SYS_MENU} is already there. Might be a bit tight with another menu but why not give it a try yourself. Flex those css muscles!  :)

isajade

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:38:59 am »

I mean, as the gallery menu is on the right, will you consider a variant with the gallery menu on top. I wish I could do it myself, but I don't know coding enough yet.  :P

Davide Renda

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "Lontano"
    • www.daviderenda.eu
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 10:12:58 pm »

This theme absolutely rocks! I've changed my WP/CPG bridged blog and I'm enthusiastic of it!
Thanks again Gizmo, I'm now running three galleries and all of them based on your themes ported from WP!!!

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:45:02 pm »

Many thanks Lontano!  ;D

isajade

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 02:19:29 pm »

I've shown the theme to my friend Jess and she played around to put the menu on top. Hope you don't mind that the extra links were removed as there's less space on top than on the side.

You can see it live here
http://gallery.angel-us.com/index.php?theme=dfire

Please let me know what you think.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:43 am »

Lontano has ported this theme to be used with Stramm's modpack. If you're running the modpack and want to use this theme, read the thread "Themes D-Fire & Andreas09 for Modpack - download"

Crazymodder

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:03:38 am »

Hello
At first I realy like your Theme its one of the nicest i ever have seen.
But I have a little Problem with that at the User Gallery.
I would be nice if you look at this:
http://gbbilder.gb.funpic.de/index.php?cat=1

I have also tryed this:
"Themes D-Fire & Andreas09 for Modpack - download" but it doesen't work :(

I hope you can help me. I have attached my difire theme.

Best Regards
Crazymodder

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:04 am »

Just as a reference: Crazymodder has posted this in a separate thread on the German sub-board. I was able to replicate the issues on my testbed with the unmodified theme, so I guess it's a generic issue with the theme. Gizmo, could you look into this please.

Jen656

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 09:33:52 pm »

I am having a problem with the default dfire theme user galleries.   The user galleries page that shows the album thumbnails is cropping the content and a scroll bar appears on the bottom of the page.  The menu also moves to the lower right side of the page and is hidden unless you scroll to the right.  The album titles and the other album text are missing and shows only three dots ... instead of the regular album text. This only happens on the "user galleries" category page which displays the album thumbnails, all the other categories display properly. 

I have attached two image; one image is of the problem view of the user galleries and the other image is the the correct view for all the other categories. 

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58:08 am »

Post a link to your gallery for a start...

Jen656

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 04:56:33 pm »

Thanks for your response. Currently I am using the Chaoticsoul theme on my live site due to the issue that I am having with the user galleries.  However, I have temporarily changed my config setting to allow the selection of the unaltered Dfire theme at the bottom of the page. 

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:08:08 pm by Jen656 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:38:58 am »

No need for the theme selector - you could just have posted the link to your site like this: http://www.artisticcafe.com/?theme=dfire
I can confirm that the dfire theme is buggy when browsing the user gallery section - it doesn't work as expected. Happens both on your site as well as on my testbed, so this is not your fault or something you did wrong. I assume that the theme author hasn't tested the user galleries with this theme. For now, users who allow users to have personal galleries (user galleries) should not use the dfire theme untill this issue gets fixed.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 11:47:59 pm »

Hello All,

Sorry for the long delay in getting this beautiful theme in order but the issue when browsing the user gallery section has been fixed. Let me know here if you have any problems. Here's a screen shot of the fixed user gallery section.

Thanks,

Billy

[edit] see post below for latest info and download

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:18:00 pm by Gizmo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 02:51:19 pm »

Thanks for coming up with the fix. I have uploaded the new version of the theme package to our downloads section and edited my above posting accordingly.

Joachim

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 04:28:11 pm »

Thanks Joachim but there was a bug in the code which needed to be addressed. I've also fixed the bbcode issue.

All,

Here is the latest (and hopefully last) edition on this theme. Here are the issues addressed:

• fixed user gallery issue
  • fixed bbcode issue when used in album description
  • commented theme.php to make understanding easier for new users

I've tested this without issue on FireFox 3.0.1 (Mac & PC), Safari 3.1.2 and IE 7.0.5.X (PC). As always let me know here if you encounter any problems.

Billy

[Update - Aug. 10, 2008] I've posted a new improved version here with additional details.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:00:22 pm by Gizmo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 09:53:52 pm »

Thanks for the fix - I have uploaded it once more and edited the above download link accordingly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.