Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Members unable to upload pics to gallery  (Read 2698 times)

WC

• Coppermine novice
Members unable to upload pics to gallery
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:20 am »

Several members (moderators) on my forum have tried to upload pics to my gallery. However, they always get the error message "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files." I have already granted the moderators (and even the regular users) permission to upload (in the Group section under the Config area). However, this does not seem to have any effect. I also get this message when I switch from Admin mode to user mode.

Am I doing something wrong? How do enable users to be able to upload images? Am I correct in understanding that regular users CAN upload pics (other than to their own personal gallery) if given permission? Otherwise if they can't, then that would be a lot of pictures I, as administrator, would have to upload by myself.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: Members unable to upload pics to gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:21:20 am »

If you allow public uploads via the groups page then you also need to create some public albums (as admin) and set the albums to accept uploads.

WC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:49:08 am »

How do I create these public albums? Do I do it in the actual Coppermine program or in my FTP? And how do I go about doing this?

Thanks

WC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:39:45 am »

Just to add that I've looked at the album properties and altered them accordingly, but I still can't seem to upload as just a regular member.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks

doctoreast

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 11:01:30 pm »

Hee,
  Click on all album's "PROPERTIES" button and enable
visitors to upload files, is what he's saying............
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.