Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 403 forbidden page when trying to batchadd pictures  (Read 5728 times)

amazingkobeke

• Coppermine newbie
403 forbidden page when trying to batchadd pictures
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:34:28 pm »

Hi,

I've tried searching the forums, but I haven't found anything specific about my problem that works. My problem is this:

I upload all my pictures directly on the server through ftp, then I batchadd them into albums. Normal workings. I've added batches of over 250 pictures without problems before, many times. I've upgraded to 1.4.9 a few months back, still everything worked fine, until yesterday. I tried adding another batch of a 103 pictures and everything froze. At the pic-selectionpage (to add into an chosen album) it shows only about 14 pictures (sometimes less, sometimes more but always around 14), when trying to add all 103 pics to the album it only adds the ones that show at the previous page. For the rest of them it gives an errormessage: click for more date or to reload (dunno what it exactly says, this is translated from dutch to english). This it only does if I select a few pictures, if I select all 103, I get the forbidden page. When I do get the forbidden page, entire coppermine freaks out for a minute or so, nothing is accessable.

My website: http://ordevandezatlappen.be/foto/index.php

I've got no special characters in the filenames or anything. After having the problems, I upgraded to 1.4.10 but to no effect.

Also, adding just a few pictures at a time doesn't work either, it just goes back to the forbidden page.

About my page: I've got at the moment 4500 files in 113 albums. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated and if any more information is needed I'll gladly provide it.

Kobe

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 403 forbidden page when trying to batchadd pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:39:52 am »

What's the URL of the forbidden page?

amazingkobeke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:35:08 pm »

There is no url specificaly. It just states:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /foto/searchnew.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.ordevandezatlappen.be Port 80

Or do you mean the page where I encounter this? It's http://ordevandezatlappen.be/foto/searchnew.php?insert=1

access

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:30:47 am »

I am having the same issue, exactly like this weird I thought it was a random number 14 but I guess not anyone have any idea's about this. Batch Add instruction followed to the "T" I am a seasoned webmaster and know to read the tips b4 asking questions. But there is no answer to this, I have checked the php settings they are fine, I have checked the permissions the are all fine yes it is in a sub folder of albums/ without #'s _ or - and it is not in userimages folder. I am on 1.410 of Coppermine. and wondering if anyone has solved this?

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:34 am »

There is no url specificaly. It just states:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /foto/searchnew.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.ordevandezatlappen.be Port 80

Or do you mean the page where I encounter this? It's http://ordevandezatlappen.be/foto/searchnew.php?insert=1

Did you happen to install the SEF URL plugin ?

amazingkobeke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:44:05 pm »

Nope, no plugins.

However, the problem has solved itself somehow. I let it be and tried again a day or two later and all worked perfect. I had even contacted my webspace-provider to check if there was a problem on their end, but they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary either.

I have no idea on what end the problem lay, but until this day, I don't have any more problems with it. Stranges bug I've seen in a while.

access

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »

The SEF Url plugin is installed automatically on  a fresh install. So, I did have it installed however, after uninstalling the plugin this issue is still not resolved. I too, have my web host looking into this problem unfortunately no progress on their end either.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 06:06:56 pm »

The SEF Url plugin is installed automatically on  a fresh install.
That's wrong: by default, the SEF_URL plugin is disabled on fresh installs - at least when using the original coppermine installers that we provide. If this is not the case for you, then you haven't used the original Coppermine package, but probably some auto-installer crap.

access

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 06:34:06 pm »

That's wrong: by default, the SEF_URL plugin is disabled on fresh installs
Thanks for that, I'll be more careful when posting about an issue, making sure that I say whether the plugin was active or not. in this case it wasn't. ::)
There still is the issue with batch upload however it has been happening for over a couple of days now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.