Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-XOOPS  (Read 6891 times)

Humax

• Coppermine newbie
E-XOOPS
« on: March 05, 2004, 03:55:46 am »

Hello,

Please note that a growing number of sites switch to the new CMS or Portal (as you like) www.e-xoops.com and I'm one of they think e-xoops is much better and easier for moderate a modern website and we are (e-xoops users) missing the Coppermine Photo Gallery as a part of our websites, So any developer or expert can help to produce a new version for the new program that will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Humax

• Coppermine newbie
E-XOOPS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 04:04:35 am »

Hello,

Please note that a growing number of sites switch to the new CMS www.e-xoops.com and I'm one of they think e-xoops is much better and easier for moderate a modern website and we are (e-xoops users) missing the Coppermine Photo Gallery as a part of our websites, So any developer or expert can help to produce a new version for the new program that will be very appreciated.

For me as a normal user I think the nuke/postNuke version can do the job but it need a new bridge module, I'm not sure about this but I'm sure 100% that I want Coppermine in my site not any other photos script.

Please any one try to do any thing to solve this problem, Many sites missing the album section and can't use any other script and still waiting for the E-XOOPS COPPERMINE.

Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
E-XOOPS
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 07:47:36 am »

Porters usually have to know the inside of the application they're porting for, and afaik none of the current dev team members uses e-xoops.
My suggestion is still: take a look at the bridge file stuff, how it is done. This will basically merge the user database of coppermine and e-xoops. The advantage is clear: you could always use new versions of coppermine and send all users who are looking for support to the coppermine forums. If you do a "real" port (like the phpNuke/postNuke people did), you'll have to maintain different code (the advantage of a real port is that coppermine would use the theme/skin that exists for e-xoops, so it would visually fit better into the design).
Right now, we're experiencing some kind of "forking", as the coppermine_for_nuke code has different features than the coppermine_standalone code. This can only be achieved if there are already some skilled coders working with e-xoops.

In other words: I doubt that the coppermine dev team will come up with a port for e-xoops, you'll have to build it on your own if you really need it, sorry.

GauGau

[edit GauGau]
merged the two postings dealing with e-xoops port into one
[/edit]

eolica

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.ilvaldinoto.net
e-xoops
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 10:04:28 am »

There is already a port for xoops:
xcGallery is a gallery modul for xoops 2.0.x based on coppermine photo gallery 1.1

http://www.myxoopsforge.info/modules/xcgal/
I don't know the difference between xoops and e-xoops, so I don't know if you can use it
Sesto Avolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.