Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need a website to host pictures on here?  (Read 7523 times)

housefan42

• Coppermine newbie
Do I need a website to host pictures on here?
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:26:51 am »

I'm sorry if this is the worst newbie question ever, but I was visiting a site with a gallery which looked awesome and I wanted to host my pictures like that. So I went to the link and got to here. It keeps saying that I can use Coppermine to make galleries for my webiste, but what if I don't have a website and just want a place to host my pictures. I tried PhotoBucket and Flickr but they didn't have the format I wanted. But the website I went to was perfect. So, sorry for the long rambling question, do I need to create a website to host my pictures on Coppermine? Because a) I don't know how to create an easy website that has all the things I need and b) I don't have the money to do it.

P.S. I don't want to give out the website without permission from the site's creator, which is why i don't link to it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:24:46 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Do I need a website to host pictures on here?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:23:15 pm »

Coppermine is not a hosting service, it is software to allow you to organise and display your photos on your own website. You need to already have a webhost to use Coppermine.

housefan42

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Do I need a website to host pictures on here?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:02:26 am »

That's exactly what I thought. I just wanted to make sure in case there was anything else. And I wanted to make sure I didn't download a thousand things on my computer and still not what I wanted. I just want you to know that this program is great, if only I was more computer smart so I could use it. Anyways, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.