Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hope a simple question  (Read 2651 times)

TGShaftoe

• Coppermine newbie
I hope a simple question
« on: January 09, 2007, 09:12:53 am »

I am looking at adding the coppermine photo album to my site I would just like to know two things first.
1. Is there a welsh language pack of the site so my users can use the site in english or welsh.
2. Is there a way to add a banner to the site.

Sorry if these questions sound stupid but im new to all this.

Thank you for your help

Trev.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:05:28 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I hope a simple question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:21:26 am »

1. Is there a welsh language pack of the site so my users can use the site in english or welsh.
For cpg1.4.x: no. For cpg1.3.x: yes. You could use the welsh language file from cpg1.3.x with cpg1.4.x (using the language fallback option, which means that strings that don't exist in the old language file will be displayed in English). You will not be able to administer your page in Welsh though - the admin language needs to be a "true" cpg1.4.x language file (English in your case). You're of course welcome to create a Welsh language file for cpg1.4.x as well (based on the cpg1.3.x language file).

2. Is there a way to add a banner to the site.
Yes, that's dead easy. You just choose a theme that comes with coppermine (or download an additional one from the download repository) and then modify the file themes/yourtheme/template.html (a plain HTML file, no PHP skills needed) and add the banner as you see fit. This has been covered in detail in many postings on the board.

We have a "one question per thread" policy, please respect it in the future.

TGShaftoe

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I hope a simple question
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:49:42 am »

sorry about that im new here and didn't know.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.