Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to disable several functions. Tips, please  (Read 2561 times)

danvendel

• Coppermine newbie
Need to disable several functions. Tips, please
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:13 pm »

Hi,

I will use the gallery in a section of a site that's alreadt password protected. Hence, no one have to register or pay to dowload images. How do I do that? Also, I don't need functions like favorites, most viewed, top rated, etc. How can I disable those?

Tips would be great...

TIA
Dan

Nibbler

Re: Need to disable several functions. Tips, please
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 06:54:42 pm »

Just make all your albums accessible to all, this is default behaviour. Anything you don't want you can remove the links to from your theme - search the board for details.

danvendel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:58:56 pm »

Wow... thanks for fast response!

Sorry about asking about accessibility. I just realized that this is the default. <blush />

Yes, I considered removing the links as a quick and dirty solution but thought there might be a more sophisticated solution. But quick and dirty is fine with me.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Dan

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 07:02:31 pm »

There is no 'master switch' for access to these meta albums. Removing the links is the best option. The functionality will of course still exist unless you want to start hacking out bits of core code which is not advisable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.