Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost of Permission! :P  (Read 3478 times)

ZakRhino

• Coppermine regular visitor
Ghost of Permission! :P
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:37:16 pm »

Hi everybody! Well I have a werid thing that keeps happening to my permisssons on my user's gallery area. Every time the persmissons are not change but there are not allowing the owner of that album AKA User that made the album to upload. I check the permission on that ablum but it is set to 777 where it should be or 0777 depending on what FTP program I'm using but in gernal I reset the permissions again to 777 and it then lets the person upload to that folder. Later on down the line like 2 weeks or so the same thing happens again. Any, idea what up? Is it maybe I should upgrade I do have 1.4.9 Coppermine Gallery install. Thanks for the help if you can give an hand.
Zak

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Ghost of Permission! :P
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:49:19 am »

First of all: it's mandatory that you upgrade to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.10), although this will probably not cure your issues.
Review Coppermine's config section: "Default mode for directories" and "Default mode for files"

ZakRhino

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:01:26 pm »

First of all: it's mandatory that you upgrade to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.10), although this will probably not cure your issues.
Review Coppermine's config section: "Default mode for directories" and "Default mode for files"

Well being a little stupid I do have a question, I did read Default Mode for fileds and directories and mostly, "If, and only if, during the file upload or batch add process, the installer complains about the directory not having the right permissions, try setting this to 0666." The installer is not complaing about the files being wrong so I should still try this anyway? By the way it makes it sound if only you get this problem you should then do it. But that not the case, is it? Also, what would be makeing such a thing happen anyway?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 06:58:37 am »

The installer is not complaing about the files being wrong so I should still try this anyway?
Yes

ZakRhino

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:24:09 pm »

Yes

Okay I try it and get back to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.