Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions on a subscription based forum....  (Read 5233 times)

jackd

• Coppermine newbie
Permissions on a subscription based forum....
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:57 am »

Is it possible to disallow registerd users of my board from viewing and downloading images from Coppermine....It is a subcription board and I only want subscribed members to have access to the artwork.....

Thanks,

Jack
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:44:00 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permissions on a subscription based forum....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:32 am »

In Coppermine's config, disable "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access". In the future, please read the documentation before asking questions.

jackd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:09:03 pm »

Is it possible to disallow registered users of my board from viewing and downloading images from Coppermine....It is a subcription board and I only want subscribed members to have access to the artwork.....

Gee, thanks for nothing...I DID READ the documentation and I DO have guests and anonymous turned off. That IS NOT what I asked....It seems to me that you are more interested in busting peoples asses than helping so please just skip this and allow someone else to answer it for me.....

I asked if it were possible to disallow REGISTERED USERS from my forums accessing the gallery since it is a subscription board and I only want subscribed members to have access to the gallery.......

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it......

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:24:11 pm »

1) What's the difference between a registered user and a subscriber? Those are just synonyms imo. Hence my answer.
2) Set individual permissions in album properties for the user group that you want to allow access to if the global toggle in coppermine's config isn't enough for you.
3) Another option would be a custom modification in Coppermine's core files, adding a check for group membership. Not recommended though.

Sorry for not having understood your question in the first place. Maybe it's because English is not my first language. Anyway, sorry for having bothered to answer your question. I love to provide free support for nice people like you ::). Hopefully, others will find your nice little flame deserves a better answer than mine and provide you with the quality support that you can expect - after all, you're a paying customer. Hey, wait a minute - you haven't paid a cent for coppermine nor did you pay anyone for getting supported. Maybe you should review your attitude.

jackd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:39 pm »

I have read a ton of threads on this board and YOU are ALWAYS flaming someone for asking the simplest of questions. And you always use the same excuses for your arrogance.....(Gee, it's free and why should I help you.)

As I said in my last post, just skip this thread because I do not want you telling me to read the docs when you do not understand what I am asking in the first place. And you know what, I don't care if it is free or not....If would gladly pay for it, and I wonder what your excuse would be then...Your suggestion that it is free so why should you help me is pure pompous as are you.....And the biggest joke is your asinine statement that perhaps I should review my attitude...

Practice what you preach.........

UNINSTALLED and finished with this garbage.  Now that should make you happy Ace...One less person for you to flame for asking a question...So go sick'em boy...I am sure someone else has asked a question today that you don't like and you can berate them also, and don't forget to tell them that it is free and they are not allowed to ask any questions.....

hozyali

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:41:06 pm »

I have been insulted by this admin. I don't understand why he thinks like that. Due to his behavior like this, he has put my karma in negative.

I have used this gallery system for several of my clients, but now I am planning to use another gallery system which is paid, but they will help happily.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:44:50 am »

Bye. Locking

gandu123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:15:02 pm »

ACTUALLY YOU ARE AN IDIOT. YOU THINK YOU ARE THE GUY WHO IS ONLY PROVIDING SOMETHING TO WORLD.

STUPID MOTHER FUCKER...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 11:33:43 am »

What a nice person you are. I forgot to lock the thread. I did so now. Farewell to you as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.