Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server.  (Read 2474 times)

kevertje

• Coppermine newbie

Situation:

Client on a shared-server of a hosting-company.

http://www.kevertje.net/pictures/index.php

Running 1.4.2 but I was able to press a button in their fantastico software to upgrade to 1.4.10 which didn't react :(
I checked all rights and they are 777 for the albums.

My problem is that I was able to upload everything till now. I uploaded the Dubai album and now want to upload usa album.
After 8 files it stops.
What I do:
1) Login as admin
2) Click on add files
3) Choose the directory on the server with the files
4) I get the list with files + little thumbnails
5) I click on the right album and press submit
6) I get the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.kevertje.net Port 80

7) When adding only the first few files it will work but adding more will give the same message.

I checked the discspace and even deleted 40mb of pictures to prevent disc-space problems but that doesn't seem to be problem.
The ISP couldn't find a problem. They only told me to use 644 but on the FAQ I found 777 is better which I of course tried.

Any idea ?
(if I need to create account please tell me how to add a album to it so I don't give full access)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Running 1.4.2 but I was able to press a button in their fantastico software to upgrade to 1.4.10 which didn't react :(
Don't use auto-installers like Fantastico - they have known issues. Only installing/upgrading as suggested in the documentation we provide is supported/recommended.

I checked all rights and they are 777 for the albums.
Do not check permissions, but apply them.

My problem is that I was able to upload everything till now.
[...]
Any idea ?
(if I need to create account please tell me how to add a album to it so I don't give full access)
If you have issues with uploading and want support, it's mandatory that you do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.