Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speeding page by reducing calls  (Read 2110 times)

Gephri

• Coppermine frequent poster
speeding page by reducing calls
« on: January 04, 2007, 08:56:10 am »

I have a successful install of the latest version of CGP, however I think I may be crashing my site if I try to advance through any album quickly with the 'next arrow' on my displayimage.php.
[I know some of you may be asking what the h**l is the guy talking about...well picture this - I figure my users are probably going to drop into an album and try to advance through it quickly in order to find photo's of themselves, etc. I know they can look and thumbnails or the slideshow to do this - but they are likely to force the issue by repeatedly clicking the arrows.]

Here's the question - is there a way to NOT refresh the entire displayimage.php page when we go to the "previous" or "next" photo?  As it stands now, the whole page gets called (headers, menu's, etc.) with every picture change and I think that is hitting my server too hard.

What would be perfect is to just have the picture and picture borders/frames change (along with comment box & rating).

Any thoughts - any instructions !

Nibbler

Re: speeding page by reducing calls
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:02:58 pm »

Takes a lot of coding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.