Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenweek : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x  (Read 21150 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Greenweek : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x
« on: November 07, 2006, 01:08:01 am »

I ran across this little cutie by cjs while reading a blog entry at r9studio - http://r9studio.com/blog/. I don't quite remember what I was reading but before I moved on I saw the category for WordPress themes. Hey... not one to pass on checking out themes, I thought this might make for a nice gallery theme. So... here it is.

This is pretty much the same as for the other themes I've ported lately but it needs to be said here again. I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. These changes are:

$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 3; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 3"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. Also, this theme is geared towards intermediate photos sizes of 400 pixels or less but the theme will reduce the size automatically for intermediate images larger than this. I've left the original WP theme style.css intacted and renamed it style_wp.css and noted which selectors I changed to make it compatible with Coppermine. OK..  there I said it.

See ya later,

Gizmo

[EDIT] Uploaded new version: greenweek_v101.zip on Nov. 7, 2006
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:00:36 am by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

gearmeister

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Greenweek : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:59:39 am »

Very nice. It kinda reminds me of a Joomla template. Those are getting very good.

I've tried to find the ideal CMS, but looks like if you guys keep at it, you will have a total CMS package, including the CM gallery, which I like very much. It seems more versatile than even Menalto's Gallery, which is slow loading, and G2 seems a bit much, but works good once loaded.

:)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:04:05 am »

Demo - Download

Nice one. I suggest reviewing the content of the <title> tag though.

[Edit GauGau 2006-11-10] Re-uploaded the fixed version as suggested below. Download link points to the fixed file [/Edit]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 08:25:09 am by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:58:47 am »

Come on! I like having my name plastered all over everyone elses galleries. ;D Sorry about that, I borrowed too much of the theme.php from another project but the real reason I screwed up was because my daughter decided to dress up like a cow and start preaching on the virtues of being a vegetarian. She had me laughing so hard I forgot what I was doing! Anyway, I've reposted the fixed version in the original post. I'll be more careful in the future since I know how much trouble I've been lately.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:45:40 pm »

You're not a trouble-maker. You're a great contributor of themes. I'm aware how much time you spend creating/porting your extremely well-built themes. We all make mistakes - please don't get me wrong if I point out minor flaws in your contributions: I think your themes are great :).
I don't mind reviewing them nor re-uploading fixes. Keep up the good work.

Joachim

Sista

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 08:12:05 am »

Beautiful theme- the content however falls to the bottom of the screen though in I.E7.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40:01 am »

OK... I'll download IE7 >:( and test all my themes on it.

jsganti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 01:47:38 am »

Hi Gizmo - Thanks for a beautiful theme. It matches with the Xoops theme I want to use.
I would like to know how to make this theme to stretch to full width of the screen instead of fixed width....what/where to make changes?

Thanks,
Jags

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 12:33:15 pm »

You will need to edit (or reposition it to be in the center) the header image. Then you'll need to change the widths of the .header and .right classes to allow them to be fluid. There may be other changes but you'll have to determine that after making these changes. Check out the tools in this post to help out.

jsganti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 06:09:38 am »

Thanks for the link, its a nice plugin for firefox.
As a newb, I still could not figure out what all needs to be changed. Tried changing few tags to 1023px or 100% width, but still confused.

Anyone tried this theme with fluid width let me know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Jags

Dustie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 11:28:22 pm »

Hi, I hope this topic finds it's way to the top of the page and someone reads it :)

I have just installed coppermine Gallery  and found this lovely theme (greenweek).  I have it installed, but in the left hand bar I have a list of Links and a Galleryroll with different links.   How do I remove these from my gallery, because I really like this theme.

Ann

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 10:21:13 am »

Check the template.html file in the theme root directory.

Dustie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:07 am »

Thank you for your reply Gizmo,

Not sure what to check or what to do with it, as I am to new at this. I need *ready to use* themes.   I guess I have to get back to this one once I know how to change or remove the links...or replace with mine or whatever :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.