Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpBB Theme Specific Thumbnail Blocks  (Read 5127 times)

uk_martin

• Coppermine frequent poster
phpBB Theme Specific Thumbnail Blocks
« on: January 01, 2007, 10:20:34 am »

Hi

On this site - www.ukmartin.com/phpbb2, if you log in as "tester" with the password "helper" you will see that I am creating a Speedway Fans web site which will have user-selectable themes (selectable in the main Forums page)

What I think would be cool is for there to be a number of side blocks with thumbnails from the Gallery. However what I would want is for the main Portal to have thumbnails from the last 5 or 6 posted pictures in ANY album, but the side blocks in the themed Forum pages to relate to the speedway rider's own photo album. At the moment the work on the new themes is only starting, and only the Ben Powell theme is close to completion, however in his theme I will want the last 5 photos from the Ben Powell Album to show.

I am happy about how to create the side blocks (I think) but so far with the version that I am using (1.6.4 - the most recent stable version) I have only been able to get random thumbnails, not the last posted. How is this configured so that the last 5 appear?

Additionally, how do I configure the "fetch" to be album specific, in each theme?

Finally in a side block, can the thumbnails be made to scroll upwards (like in some Nuke photo blocks) so that the size of the block can be kept in proportion to the other blocks?

Thanks

Martin

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: phpBB Theme Specific Thumbnail Blocks
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:45:05 pm »

Hi

On this site - www.ukmartin.com/phpbb2, if you log in as "tester" with the password "helper" you will see that I am creating a Speedway Fans web site which will have user-selectable themes (selectable in the main Forums page)

What I think would be cool is for there to be a number of side blocks with thumbnails from the Gallery. However what I would want is for the main Portal to have thumbnails from the last 5 or 6 posted pictures in ANY album, but the side blocks in the themed Forum pages to relate to the speedway rider's own photo album. At the moment the work on the new themes is only starting, and only the Ben Powell theme is close to completion, however in his theme I will want the last 5 photos from the Ben Powell Album to show.

I am happy about how to create the side blocks (I think) but so far with the version that I am using (1.6.4 - the most recent stable version) I have only been able to get random thumbnails, not the last posted. How is this configured so that the last 5 appear?

Are you saying you want the most recently added photos from an album?

If so:

Here is what you do... read the documentation.
http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/manual/index.html
Seriously, its insulting.

If not, and its a legitamite tricky problem you are running into...  Please post it here and clarify what you are trying to do.

Additionally, how do I configure the "fetch" to be album specific, in each theme?

I really hope you are asking how to get the album number from your theme into cpmfetch, and NOT how to tell cpmfetch which album to get it from.  You'd have to pass some template variable from phpbb into your cpmfetch calls that provides the album number - or hard code it into each theme.  If your looking for the other then...

http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/manual/index.html

Finally in a side block, can the thumbnails be made to scroll upwards (like in some Nuke photo blocks) so that the size of the block can be kept in proportion to the other blocks?

No.  You would have to use cpmfetch to get the images you want, then scroll them upwards. 

Vuud
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.