Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: view counter doesn't update when viewing as anon  (Read 4549 times)

~mike~

• Coppermine newbie
view counter doesn't update when viewing as anon
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:18:44 am »

I noticed today that when I sent several friends to my site that the counter was not working.  I viewed my site as an anon user from 3 different machines that all had a static public ip address and the site did not count it.  It has worked in the past but I am not sure when it stopped working.  As far as I can tell it stopped working a month ago or so.

Is there anything I should look at to start troubleshooting?
Note: I am not logged in as admin, so that is not the problem.

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: view counter doesn't update when viewing as anon
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 08:57:33 am »

Posting a link to your gallery might be a good start ;)

~mike~

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 03:40:03 pm »

May I PM you the link?  I don't really want to make it public since it is a family photo site.  Thx

~mike~

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:10:48 pm »

So far I have been able to fix the problem by rolling back to 1.4.8 instead of using 1.4.10.  Once I upgrade I lose the counter  :-\

~mike~

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:24:38 am »

I guess there must be an installation problem with my 1.4.10 since my 1.4.8 version works perfect. I messed around with this all day but every time I upgrade to the latest version the counter stops :-[  Guess I'll wait for the next version to see if its fixed.
On a positive note, while troubleshooting I figured out how to get ImageMagick working on my server! It is so much faster than GD2 ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 09:46:40 am »

Going back to cpg1.4.8 is not an option, under no circumstances, as there are security-issues with all coppermine versions older than cpg1.4.10. Upgrading to cpg1.4.10 is mandatory. I can see no reason for playing hide and seek, so just post the link. If you're afraid of getting visits to your page, don't publish your pics on the internet in the first place.
The counter works for thousands of galleries using cpg1.4.10, so I suspect the error lies on your end. If there should be a flaw in cpg1.4.10 concerning the counter, we'd appreciate your help getting it fixed. We only can if you post a link as suggested. Don't forget, Coppermine is a community effort - help us fix possible bugs (if this actually is a bug).

~mike~

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 10:01:18 am »

I hear ya, I will try one more time but I need to make backups of the current working setup first.  I will post back once I have done this and upgraded to 1.4.10.

Regards

Darth Unrivaled

• Coppermine newbie
  • The Sith Master
    • XfireSystems Revolutions
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 08:16:55 am »

Any luck with this? I myself was using 1.4.8 on my one gallery. I start a new gallery and installed 1.4.10 and I've notice that the hits aren't updating at all. Fresh install and everything works but the counter on how many images are videw as well as on each image do not update. I check the tables, they are not updating. I'm not sure where the code it or what to look for on the count. I really hope to see a fix or at least know what causes this to happen if its not a bug in .10 version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 11:17:25 am »

Are you sure that you have checked the counter using a non-admin account? Admin hits are not being taken into account (in no version of the cpg1.4.x series). If you think that you have discovered a bug, the same suggestion I posted above applies to you as well: post a link to your site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.