Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused - Integrated into phpbb2  (Read 3685 times)

Hop

• Coppermine newbie
Confused - Integrated into phpbb2
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:27:43 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and XXX:
Don't see any evidence of coppermine in the forums.

I can log into coppermine just fine, and I can log into my forums just fine. No issues there. Problem is, I don't see anything in my forums to post screenshots, etc. I'm a little confused as to what the next stage is. When I log into coppermine, I can look at users, and see all the users in my forums. I click on groups, and I see the groups I created on my forums (for moderating, etc.) but what I don't get at all is the documentation. I'm sure I'm missing something. Here is a quote...
5.3.3 Synchronising the bbs groups with Coppermine's groups

Login using the admin account of your board. Go to the gallery, enter admin mode and click on the "Groups" button. This will synchronize Coppermine groups with those of your board. The permission you will see for each group will be completely messy, so take some time to set them properly.
"Login using the admin account" of my board? Login to my board with that account, or into coppermine with my board's admin account? "Go to the gallery," Is there a link that is supposed to be in my admin panel now?

I went to the coppermine groups page, and I changed the permissions, and there is a button "Assign Albums(s)" but when I click on it, I get "This group has no special access".

I hope I offered enough info here. Let me know if there is something I omitted. =)

Hop

Coppermine install: http://touchofmystique.com/gallery/
Forum install:  http://touchofmystique.com/phpbb2/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpbb 2.0.22
Test user account: test/test

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://touchofmystique.com/phpbb2
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../phpbb2/
Use post-based groups?:  1
Cookie name/preifx phpbb2mysql
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:38:03 am by Nibbler »

Hop

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Confused - Integrated into phpbb2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 11:42:36 pm »

Ok, both apps are working fine, I guess I need to know how to show the gallery in the forums, etc. I had grand hopes that my users could login, and go to the forums, and there would be a link to the gallery, or some integration with the front page. Addons perhaps, or some more coding. Or maybe something isn't working.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:32:24 am »

You need to make your own links in both apps. Bridging does not touch your forum.

Hop

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 12:34:13 am »

You need to make your own links in both apps. Bridging does not touch your forum.
Cool, thanks for confirming that for me. =)

Hop

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:35:32 am »

What about that "This group has no special access" thing when clicking the assign albums button?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:37:42 am »

It is not 'assign albums' it is 'assigned albums' - it displays which albums that group can view as defined in album properties. Please search the board before seeking support and keep to one question per thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.