Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Favorites viewable by all  (Read 6755 times)

joelpt

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://nobs.webhop.net
User Favorites viewable by all
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:26:51 pm »

I'd like a feature which creates a new category "User Favorites".  Within this would be found 'pseudo-albums', one for each Coppermine user who has rated 1+ pictures on the site.  The pictures within each of these albums would be organized in descending order of that user's rating of the pictures.  So JoeBob's album would contain his 5-star picks first, then the 4-stars, etc.

The end result is that anyone can look and see what the favorites of each user are.  Add to this a 'global' pseudo-album which contains the averaged favorites over all users in the same manner.

I think this would be really useful, for example, for people who have an online photography gallery and would like to see what the visitors' responses/favorites are.

It appears that Coppermine currently has a db table that tracks which users have rated which pictures, but it doesn't include the actual rating that was entered!  So I think this feature would necessitate the recording of those ratings, in addition to the "pseudo-album" generator.

If nobody else wants to implement this I'll do it ... but I would like to know whether it can be added to 1.2.x or if it should be kept as a separate modification.  Given the potential other uses for having each user-picture-rating recorded in the db, I think there is a good argument for its going into the core bit.

Thoughts? :)

Joel

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
User Favorites viewable by all
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 05:21:21 am »

Detailed stats on pictures and favourtes are in the TODO list
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.