Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Not Placed" and "Fatal Error"  (Read 3578 times)

Czarest

• Coppermine newbie
"Not Placed" and "Fatal Error"
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:55:27 pm »

Right, ive tried installing coppermine a few times now.  i first tried to get it to work for hours after i installed it using the cpanel fantastico, and it kept saying "Cannot place picture" (or words to that effect) which occured for no reason, so after reading this forum it said that i shouldnt install from fantastico because it sucks, so now (on christmas eve) ive installed it by hand, and done everything that it said to do but it returned:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'bridge/coppermine.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tomorrow/public_html/CIA/include/init.inc.php on line 239

Could this have anything to do with not getting the MySQL table prefix correct?  i put in tomorrow_ because this is the thing that comes before all of my MYSQL usernames and databases. (is that right) also, im not sure if my server has imagemagick, is that an issue, i left that part of the install form blank.  Apparently they do but wont tell anyone the root  :-\ (if anyone uses UKHOST4u and knows what the root is please tell  me! )

ive also tried another program (4image gallery) and that is useless even when it does work so ive found.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Not Placed" and "Fatal Error"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 09:58:49 pm »

Could this have anything to do with not getting the MySQL table prefix correct?
No, not related at all.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'bridge/coppermine.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tomorrow/public_html/CIA/include/init.inc.php on line 239
Upload all files that come with the coppermine package. When unzipping the package, make sure to preserve the folder structure within the zip file. The error message you got means that you have failed to upload a mandatory file.

ive also tried another program (4image gallery) and that is useless even when it does work so ive found.
Although I prefer Coppermine I wouldn't consider 4images to be useless. Actually, although it's some sort of "competitor", it is a nice piece of software in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.