Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image in My Gallery and other albums ???  (Read 3485 times)

cococat

• Coppermine newbie
Image in My Gallery and other albums ???
« on: October 08, 2007, 02:15:03 am »

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place and/or has been asked before. I have searched and can't find it.
I am trying to make a Gallery where the members each have a "My Gallery" where their photos are but they are also able to choose a Category (or Album) that everyone shares that the same photo will be in.
Example:
I am cococat
I have a Member Gallery called cococat.
When I upload a photo, it automatically goes in my cococat gallery, but I am able to choose another category such as Birthday that it will be in.
So that when a member just wants to see my photos they can go to Member Galleries -  cococat.
But when they want to see all the Birthday photos they can go the Birthday gallery and see any photos that any member uploaded to that category.
I hope I have explained this right and would appreciated any help.
Thank you in advance,
cococat
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:18:46 am by Sami »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Image in My Gallery and other albums ???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:06:46 am »

Admin can create public albums and gives the users permission to upload (Album properties)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

cococat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 06:13:41 am »

Thanks so much for answering. Would the users also have their own album without uploading the photo into the public album and their private album ?
Thanks for any help.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 06:22:36 am »

Each user can create her/his album and it will be appeared on User galleries Category
But regular users can't create album under public categories (any category other that user galleries)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

cococat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:11:00 am »

Thank you so much for the help. This gallery is a little different the the one I was used to on a forum I belong to. I think I understand now. It just works a little different than what I was used to.
Thanks again.
cococat

skidpics

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:31 pm »

Thank you so much for the help. This gallery is a little different the the one I was used to on a forum I belong to. I think I understand now. It just works a little different than what I was used to.
Thanks again.
cococat

You can also tie the albums together, if not private, with using album key word.. 

Let's say you add the keyword public to every image in the user gallery.  You can set an album up with the keyword 'public', and any image with a keyword of 'public' will appear as a linked image.. in that album you created, with the keyword as 'public'..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.