Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to upgrade to 1.4.x?  (Read 8000 times)

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
How to upgrade to 1.4.x?
« on: December 24, 2006, 10:27:37 pm »

I recently switched web providers and use Coppermine v1.3.2. After the move, I'm having nothing but problems getting it running again. I finally got all my pictures to work, the thumbs, resized, and full sized pictures. But when I try to add another picture to any album, I get a lot of errors. I've tried to fix them, and made all files with 755 permissions. Maybe an upgrade to 1.4.x will help.

My question is, even though my Coppermine right now is still "broke", can I proceed with an upgrade? Will the upgrade fix all my issues? Also, is there a guide out there on how to upgrade this? I've already spent a week working on this and would hate to have to start over because the upgrade got messed up.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:33:19 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: How to upgrade to 1.4.x?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:39:08 pm »

Follow the upgrade instructions in the documentation.

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 11:50:54 pm »

Follow the upgrade instructions in the documentation.

I forgot to mention I did try using those instructions earlier and my installation really got hosed. It might work now though since I've fixed a lot of things

But my other questions weren't answered, (the important ones)...even though my Coppermine right now is still "broke", can I proceed with an upgrade? Will the upgrade fix all my issues?

The "broke" part is that I cannot upload any new files, get error messages everytime no matter what album I upload to. I've checked folders permissions but still have an issue.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 11:58:10 pm »

Since 1.3 is no longer supported, updating to 1.4.10 is the only way forward. If you still have issues after the update then you can seek support for the individual issues.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 01:42:31 am »

I forgot to mention I did try using those instructions earlier and my installation really got hosed.
If you do as suggested, you'll have a backup if anything goes wrong, so you should be safe no matter what.

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 02:15:09 am »

Since my version is no longer supported I guess upgrading is the only way.   :-[

I'll dump a copy of my coppermine folder onto my webspace and upgrade that one. If I have any issues, I'll let ya know.  ;D

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 05:13:48 am »

My original Coppermine is installed here... www.djdingo.com/coppermine

I backed up that folder and made a copy of it on my website... www.djdingo.com/newcoppermine

I backed up the original database, made a new one for the new coppermine and changed the db login,pw,etc in the /include/config.inc.php file for the new coppermine to point to the new database.

I went through the steps of upgrading from v1.3.x to 1.4.10 that are found in the documentation.

The update.php step says it updated everything just fine.

The new coppermine can been seen here... www.djdingo.com/newcoppermine but when I click on a picture I get some type of template error. I've also noticed that while I'm logged in, the admin buttons across the top, the 2nd one, config, is missing.

Any help would be appreciated!

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 05:28:18 am »

I'm getting ahead of myself, I skipped a step, how to change the code on custom themes...I'm doing that now...

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 05:35:59 am »

Ok, those steps fixed my theme. I can see pictures when I click on their thumbnails and the "config" buttom came back.

When I test it by uploading a picture, I get an error message. This error message looks about the same as the error message I had before upgrading.

While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg_pictures (aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip, position) VALUES ('1', 'userpics/10001/', '002~1.jpg', '50468', '79835', '487', '650', '1167021131', '1', 'djdingo','Nice Car!', '', '', 'YES', '', '', '', '', '12.216.48.247', '12.216.48.247', '0')" on 0

mySQL error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

File: /homepages/7/d189730312/htdocs/newcoppermine/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 249

Below Notices it says...

/upload.php

* Notice line 2181: Undefined index: user1
    * Notice line 2182: Undefined index: user2
    * Notice line 2183: Undefined index: user3
    * Notice line 2184: Undefined index: user4

Can I delete these tables or does someone know a better fix for this? Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 10:48:10 am »

Make sure that aid is set to auto-increment in your database (using phpMyAdmin or similar). Leave notices_display turned off.

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 11:11:24 am »

Thanks for the reply!

In cpg_pictures, I set 'aid' to 'auto increment', and on the config page turned off debug mode and display notices off.

I tried to upload a picture to test, but got a general error.

I turned debug mode back on with display notices on and received this error when trying to upload again...

While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg_pictures (aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip, position) VALUES ('1', 'userpics/10001/', '002~3.jpg', '50468', '79835', '487', '650', '1167041182', '1', 'djdingo','Nice Car!', '', '', 'YES', '', '', '', '', '12.216.48.247', '12.216.48.247', '0')" on 0

mySQL error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

File: /homepages/7/d189730312/htdocs/newcoppermine/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 249

Under Notices...

/upload.php

* Notice line 2181: Undefined index: user1
    * Notice line 2182: Undefined index: user2
    * Notice line 2183: Undefined index: user3
    * Notice line 2184: Undefined index: user4

Looks like the exact same error as before. Looking at the table in phpMyAdmin, I notice there is not default value for 'aid', should there be?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 11:45:41 am »

You're suppossed to leave off notices_display permanently and for good - it's a dev-only feature for PHP coders who understand what the message means.
Make sure that you have actually enabled auto-increment for the aid column.

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 11:54:22 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 11:56:42 am »

Oh, sorry - I gave you a wrong piece of advice: on the pictures table, the column "pid" needs to be set to auto-increment. Turn auto-increment off for the "aid" column.

jackhammer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 12:01:26 pm »

I changed those around and it works!

THANK YOU! I've spent all week working on this! I really appreciate your help and I hope this helps others as well.

...now I'm on to fixing my forums  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.