Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to give members the "batch.processing"  (Read 4194 times)

ekeke

• Coppermine novice
Possible to give members the "batch.processing"
« on: February 22, 2004, 02:59:51 pm »

Hello,

I know, i have sometimes strange whishes :? , but is it possible to give users the batch processing. On my Website, i would give some users a FTP-Account which they can use to upload many pictures. So now they need to batch these pictures via "Batch-modus". To do that, they have to be a admin. So my Question is, if it may be possible in future versions to give these (special) users this one option, without the other "Admin-options".

Thank you very Much & Very Best Regards
eke :roll:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 03:44:33 pm »

Quite frankly, if you have trusted them enough to give them your ftp account details, which gives them full access to to do what they want to all your website, why not give them coppermine admin status.

I would not recommend either.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

ekeke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 06:08:48 pm »

no, i can create a "user-ftp account" only for one directory on the server. These users havent acces to the other files then.

eg: ill create a ftp account for "albums/userpics/superuser1"  
and "superuser1" directory will be main directory for this user without having access to other directorys.  :wink:

Thanks a lot & Very Best Regards
eke

Carsten

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 07:05:55 pm »

Quote from: "ekeke"
no, i can create a "user-ftp account" only for one directory on the server. These users havent acces to the other files then.

If someone puts the right php-script in this directory he will get access to all files.
Carsten

ekeke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 07:17:39 pm »

Yes, you are right. And with other scripts (i dont know how) you can surely have access to every site on the www without ftp. I would only give this accounts to trusted members to avoid let making them mistakes.

What ever, im sure it would be a minimal hack for you as professional coders, but if you dont like this feature, it does'nt matter. It was just a question... :wink:  

Thanks a Lot
eke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.