Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: robtos.txt  (Read 3799 times)

noworyz

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • eGriz.com
robtos.txt
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:31:16 pm »

I was wondering what files/folders you recommend putting in the robots.txt for coppermine.  I don't want google going through certain sections and not being happy (always trying to make the search engines happy).

I am not exactly sure what sections nor how to do the certain sections. I have noticed that one thing google doesn't like is the "lastup".  Is there a way to prevent google from looking at the lastup function of displyimage?

Thanks for any help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: robtos.txt
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 07:07:08 am »

With robots.txt you can only specify folders the search engines are not suppossed to spider. You could disallow all sub-folders inside coppermine's root folder, but this won't help at all, as no links point there anyway. Best option to keep Google from accessing the last uploads would be adding rel="nofollow" to the links that point to it. You'll have to edit core files to accomplish this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.