Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alter Thumbnail View  (Read 4003 times)

Valerie

• Coppermine newbie
Alter Thumbnail View
« on: February 21, 2004, 03:51:10 pm »

One of the few advantages of Gallery is the ability to alter the look of the thumbnail w/o affecting the actual image. They have an option that allows you to zoom in and crop the thumbnail. This is a very nice option since a full size image may look great, but as a thumbnail it's often pitiful. Being able to focus in on one face, or a particularly attractive point in a scenery shot can be very inticing, I think, to album viewers. (It also can make for very pleasing mini-pics throughout one's website - w/o the need for separate uploads and sever storage. And an automatically produced link to the full-sized image is a great plus!)

Already I think Coppermine is superior (because of a security risk in Gallery's last installation and the size and inane complexity of installing/upgrading to the newest version, I've finally given up on Gallery - although I was already dissatisfied with certain aspects of it). But I really do miss the ability to zoom in and crop my thumbnails, and the hack to show random Coppermine thumbnails on my site's frontpage doesn't give quite as nice results as I got with that other program.

I don't understand much of the code involved - so I really don't know the amount of complexity that would be required to accommodate my request, but it sure would be nice to see these features in your otherwise stable and nice looking program!  :D  Also, would such an option be possible with GD2? (My server assures me ImageMagik is available, but the path they provided me just does not work.)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Alter Thumbnail View
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 08:20:24 pm »

Image/thumbnail cropping/resizing/rotation is in the works for the next version (not sure when it will be ready :wink: ).

GauGau

Valerie

• Coppermine newbie
Alter Thumbnail View
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 04:39:26 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
... in the works for the next version ...

GREAT!!  Thanks  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.