Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I add an encrypted music or movie file link instead?  (Read 2029 times)

Essie

• Coppermine novice
Can I add an encrypted music or movie file link instead?
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:58:01 am »

I noticed some webmasters are hotlinking my music files.  I read up about the htaccess file and about this tutorial link to lunar pages about it too.  Turns out the htaccess code do not work with wmv, mp3, wma file extensions.  So hotlinking codes on these file extensions do not work.  I read up on the tutorial section at the forum offered at lunar pages based on one of the Coppermine staff link.  But the information is too high tech for me who is a newbie in php programming.

So I did some search and found a way to encrypt my url links to specific music files within coppermine gallery.  The thing is that I need to replace the existing coppermine url with the encrypted anitleech url link.  I like to know if there is a way I could alter the /themes/theme.php to allow me to make it happen.  Or is there a better way for me to batch files using encrypted links instead?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
Re: Can I add an encrypted music or movie file link instead?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:44:19 am »

I forget to add if if none of the above is possible, is there a module or plugin that can hide the actual url of the music files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.