Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch not working  (Read 4769 times)

rooster6977

• Coppermine newbie
batch not working
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:50:06 pm »

ive been using coppermine for over a year now with no problems until a few days ago, when i go
to batch add i keep getting a option box to download an avi searchnew video that when you do
it opens in dreamweaver {blank} i really need help here  :'(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:40:25 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

rooster6977

• Coppermine newbie
Re: batch not working i download a php file
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 04:19:55 pm »

i have spent 3 days reading docs i have tried everything to solve this when i hit the batch add-files button
 i download a searchnew php file i haven't seen anything for that issue.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: batch not working
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:19:40 am »

Do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section. It clearly says what you need to do when requesting help. If you don't, we can't help you. The upload troubleshooting section is pretty short, it should take lesss than three days to read it. Let me quote it to you here, highlighting the important bits that you failed to observe:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

A blind guess: in your first posting, you mentioned using Dreamweaver. Don't use WYSIWYG-editors like Dreamwaver to edit Coppermine files unless you know your way around. WYSIWYG-editors tend to "beautify" code they find, messing with PHP files, leaving them broken. I suggest uploading vanilla coppermine files to your server that you haven't touched with your editor. Make sure to use a "real" FTP-client, not some tool built into your WYSIWYG-editor. For details, do as suggested above.

ela002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 02:49:31 am »

I have the same problem with batch add, it tries to download the .php file. I did all these steps I uploaded a single file with no errors.

benseth

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:55:14 am »

Did you upgrade recently?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 10:31:46 am »

@ela: if you have the same problem, then the same answer applies to you: read the upload troubleshooting section I refered to and do exactly as suggested! ::)

ela002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 02:35:26 pm »

Sorry I can't give in public info to try it yourself if thats what is missing from the steps in FAQ.

I can only tell you for sure that if I empty all the folders and have only 1 with 500 images then it works. Problem happens when I have more than 6 directories (500 images each).

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:56 am »

So what answer do you expect?

ela002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 11:07:59 pm »

I expect this answer; how many directories and subdirectories batch add can handle? Have you tried it for example with 50.000 files? I see some people have the same problem, it would be nice if you can specify directories to import like /category-dir1/subdir1/ with mass import and not searching whole tree. That was the solution for me.

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:18:38 pm »

Limit depends entirely on the server and how it has been configured.

ela002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:56:26 pm »

If you can please add the option to choose subdir it will help everybody that need to import huge galleries. Can I suggest that to another category of this forum or move my message? Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:40:12 am »

Feature already exists. Closing, locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.