Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music as background  (Read 5568 times)

mexfred

• Coppermine novice
Music as background
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:44:40 pm »

Hey Gallery makers,

its great to have the option to upload music files. :D :D :D
wouldn`t it be greater after the music start in an album it will be possible to see the fotos without interrupt the music or to use the music file as bacground music for the dia show  ???

Greatings
Fred, Mexico
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:09:17 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Music as background
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:09:03 pm »

Most users hate it having to listen to music on websites. There's mod that can do what you're up to, but it will definitely not go into the core.

mexfred

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:48:14 pm »

Basicly the program is great,
what I`m wondering, what for the program is open and everybody can bring in an idea,
why there is superman who just do what he wants.
Don`t you think it will be better when a question like I had will be discussed for a time.
Of course its not necesary, you know the web and speaks for everybody or is there a
little aroganz coming out of your letters.
I`m new in this board, not a programer but I think, the program is made for everybody
and if you will play the Proyectleader, sometimes you should think first what somebody
wants and then answer. Or after second reading an thinking, "Oh its a buck"

Best regards

Fred Mexico

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:59:48 am »

All dev team members agree that background music will not go into the core code.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

mexfred

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 04:47:02 am »

Ok, accepted if everybody say so,
sometimes the sound makes the music and the sound of GauGau is for my understanding like a big schoolteacher talking.

Just a question, whatfor do I need the oportunity to upload a music files in a foto program if there is no chance
to link a function on it ??????????????????????????????

O sorry, an other question, whatfor you are asking the comunity for new ideas if they will be blocked in the first 10 minutes ????

Saludos

Fred Mexico

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 05:49:54 am »

We're asking for new ideas. Yours is not new and has been discussed already. That's why it was easy to come up with my reply. I didn't have to hold a poll or similar - I'm pretty sure that none of the dev members would want background music going into the core. As this already has been discussed, the devs are aware about the drawbacks of background music (as you wouldn't want to re-start the music every time a user clicks on a link within the gallery you'd have to wrap everything in a frame, which would have severe drawbacks). If you would have done as I suggested (search the board for the background music mod I refered to), you would have been able to find this all out without me or another dev having to repeat this and tell you details.
Look: I have been around here for quite some time. You are new here. That's not a problem in itself, as everybody has started as a newbie in the first place. However, you can't expect that all your questions will get answered in detail every time you ask them, simply because questions posted by newbies repeat over and over. Same is the case for the feature requests sub-board. In fact, 95% of all feature requests are either invalid or double-requests (i.e. someone else has already requested this).
We (the dev team) have policies and we discuss stuff in the "background" (in dev-only sections). I was absolutely sure that none of the devs would want background music to go into the core.

Thanks for getting confrontational. I'm sorry for having supported you in the past. I'll ignore your support requests from now on, as you don't like my attitude.

mexfred

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 03:12:25 pm »

Hey GauGau,
I had the idea that your answers got an arogant sound,
mow I know its not your sound, its you,

Yanks at all
and have a nice time, your the best

Fred

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 02:56:45 am »

Thread is locked.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.